Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Oct 24, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #5,613 of 6,404
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008NOOCI6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon triples

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #5,615 of 6,404
That tips doesnt ship in my place.anyway thanks for the link.
smily_headphones1.gif

bro..ive been using JVC spiral dots for the last couple of months and these tips are amazing. they stay in place and wont ever pop out. I highly recommend this

Oct 24, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #5,616 of 6,404
Thanks bro!il check that one too..i havnt tried any other tips on my 1+2 besides the stock tips..im searching for the triple flange,only i dont know the exact size for the 1+2.i got good experience with that tips with my old ba200.

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #5,617 of 6,404
  bro..ive been using JVC spiral dots for the last couple of months and these tips are amazing. they stay in place and wont ever pop out. I highly recommend this

Yep they are by far the best tips I've used on the 1Plus2. Also gave me a much better fit with them.... Sad I don't get the same effect on the Ref 1. They just get pulled off the nozzle every time I pull them out, or it gives me a vacuum seal....

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #5,619 of 6,404
Thanks bro!il check that one too..i havnt tried any other tips on my 1+2 besides the stock tips..im searching for the triple flange,only i dont know the exact size for the 1+2.i got good experience with that tips with my old ba200.

Any triple that will fit a larger bore IEM will stretch over the 1p2 nozzle - the ones I linked to on Amazon stretch and stay on very nicely - if anyone wants to figure a way to get them via me - we can work something out - they can fit in a regular envelope without much trouble - so it isn't as if "shipping" would be expensive. Just standard airmail - a couple of bucks on top of the cost of the tips.... (don't quote me...)

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #5,620 of 6,404
  anyone has any recent experience with the T-1 amp?  and can anyone tell me how much it cost and where to get it please?  :)

The T1 is also made by Tralucent and is $259:

http://www.tralucentaudio.com/shop/index.php/portable-amplifier.html

This little amp pairs extremely well with the 1plus2; it's the amp I use all the time with the 1plus2.

Oct 27, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #5,621 of 6,404
Went to see a concert last night in Los Angeles - not a typical show - it was one performer - his name is Terry Bozzio. He is a drummer. Now some of you who know Frank Zappa's work will remember him from some of Franks greatest albums of the late 70's and early 80's - and maybe remember his ex-wife Dale. Hopefully you won't hold their stab at commercial success in the New Wave music pile (Missing Persons) against him...

But this was a one man show and sounded amazing..

a pic of his drum kit from the audience - pardon the quality

I know exactly how a bass drum, tom, snare and high hat should sound (always did, but a refresher is always nice) and I am furiously going through my cans to see who gets closest - lol...

A great show - some great stories between sessions (tunes) and a great crowd - If you have a chance to see this tour - get out there - you won't be disappointed.

The 1+2 does really well....

Oct 27, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #5,622 of 6,404
I love every aspect of the 1p2 sound and in some areas surpassing my miracles except its sibilance. My 1p2 seems to have a terrible ability to amplify sibilance. Any remedies for this? So far the only thing that sort of works is pairing it with my RockBox IPod classic 5th gen and reducing a couple dB's from 4k-9k

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #5,623 of 6,404
I love every aspect of the 1p2 sound and in some areas surpassing my miracles except its sibilance. My 1p2 seems to have a terrible ability to amplify sibilance. Any remedies for this? So far the only thing that sort of works is pairing it with my RockBox IPod classic 5th gen and reducing a couple dB's from 4k-9k

You may want to try some type of copper cable to tame sibilance. I purchased the following and it did improve the overall SQ including sibilance with my 1p2.

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=39

Another much more expensive option is to go with Tralucent Uber cable which supposedly does wonders with 1p2 SQ (not just sibilance). I don't have this cable but have seen enough reports to believe this to be the case.

And finally my top recommendation is if you can afford it consider Tralucent Ref 1 phones - I have both 1p2 and Ref 1 and even with standard silver/gold cable there is no sibilance at all on Ref 1 (also further improved mids and bass).

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #5,624 of 6,404
I listened to many hours of Pico Power, a truly fine sounding amp.

As a fellow audiophile, I know you want to spend $. LoL  In such case, I wholeheartedly recommend Chord Hugo, it a true "tour de force" in portable audio and will transform your 1p2 to a whole new level. You can just hook up your AK120 to it via mini toslink cable. Btw, my toslink cable should arrive tomorrow and will try it! I cannot recommend AK240 because I find it overpriced.
I followed your advice,preordered hugo chord(black) expecting delivery on november.:)

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #5,625 of 6,404

You may want to try some type of copper cable to tame sibilance. I purchased the following and it did improve the overall SQ including sibilance with my 1p2.

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=39

Another much more expensive option is to go with Tralucent Uber cable which supposedly does wonders with 1p2 SQ (not just sibilance). I don't have this cable but have seen enough reports to believe this to be the case.

And finally my top recommendation is if you can afford it consider Tralucent Ref 1 phones - I have both 1p2 and Ref 1 and even with standard silver/gold cable there is no sibilance at all on Ref 1 (also further improved mids and bass).

Thank you for the suggestions, i'm already using a copper cable from Null Audio (Arete MKII) and it appears to smoothen out treble harshness just a tiny bit. 

I don't think I am willing to dish out $1.3k for an uber cable, would rather get a nice pair of CIEMs with that money :)

I've read up a bit on the Ref1 and they do seem pretty enticing. I may consider them although that would depend on selling my 1plus2 first. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back