Trafomatic Experience Head One
Oct 24, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #198 of 199
Still hanging on to this gem. I have struggled with it last year or two though. Got some kind of distortion in the right channel in the bedroom where I have it. I did notice it went away in the living room and kitchen so thought it was all my electronical gear. Not much to do as I need them as grounding it didn´t help it actually have an option for that and no cable changes made a difference.

However just today got an heureka moment maybe it´s my router that causes interference as it´s just beside the amplifier. And yes move the amp a metre away from the router problem solved. I still have some kind of issue where it´s super sensitive how I connect the cable to get both left and right channel. Then it´s fine unless I move the cables though.

I get ton of use for it. Use it as a preamp for hard to drive magneplanars which I connect to my stereo receiver. Really helped the Ether C to get just freaking right in tonal balance all the time.

Focal Elear is probably the best match I seen as it´s the only amp I really enjoy that headphone on. Worst would be LCD-2 it really felt like it was underpowering it. But never heard a headphone ever sounding bad on it :)

Oct 24, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #199 of 199
Still hanging on to this gem. I have struggled with it last year or two though. Got some kind of distortion in the right channel in the bedroom where I have it. I did notice it went away in the living room and kitchen so thought it was all my electronical gear. Not much to do as I need them as grounding it didn´t help it actually have an option for that and no cable changes made a difference.

However just today got an heureka moment maybe it´s my router that causes interference as it´s just beside the amplifier. And yes move the amp a metre away from the router problem solved. I still have some kind of issue where it´s super sensitive how I connect the cable to get both left and right channel. Then it´s fine unless I move the cables though.

I get ton of use for it. Use it as a preamp for hard to drive magneplanars which I connect to my stereo receiver. Really helped the Ether C to get just freaking right in tonal balance all the time.

Focal Elear is probably the best match I seen as it´s the only amp I really enjoy that headphone on. Worst would be LCD-2 it really felt like it was underpowering it. But never heard a headphone ever sounding bad on it :)
If you can, audio gear should be plugged into different sockets / circuits from those for non-audio gear (routers, cell phone chargers…)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back