Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Jan 10, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #676 of 795
Quote:
Wow you ordered the 8As? lol

Yeah I've been told the 8As should pair very nicely with them. If so an no audible hiss I'm gonna be very happy as that is 2 IEMs that go very well with it :). You are right on finding the perfect match with the Studio V. It isn't easy as its a very energetic DAP. Very potent stuff. But find the right pairing and its unbelievable the sound you can extract from them.

yea the promotion on the 8a is just so hard to resist. the jh16 have sibilant when paired with the studio v, the 8a is bass heavy and have smooth treble similar to the ie80 so i hope their pair well.

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #677 of 795
Quote:
yea the promotion on the 8a is just so hard to resist. the jh16 have sibilant when paired with the studio v, the 8a is bass heavy and have smooth treble similar to the ie80 so i hope their pair well.

That is why I never considered JH. I hear the treble can be a nightmare and I've had enough trauma already :wink:. I'm hoping the 8As won't disappoint either. When did you order your pair? Any word yet? I'm getting a bit impatient... :p

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #678 of 795
Quote:
That is why I never considered JH. I hear the treble can be a nightmare and I've had enough trauma already :wink:. I'm hoping the 8As won't disappoint either. When did you order your pair? Any word yet? I'm getting a bit impatient... :p

ordered it last month. still no words on it yet. im looking for a high end dap with flat sound signature that pairs well with the jh16 and heir 8a. i love the jh16 sound but when its paired with the studio v its just that the treble is making me fatigue. i had learned my lesson not to pair bright IEM with studio v lol. its perfect when its paired with the ie80 and um3x though.

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #679 of 795
Quote:
ordered it last month. still no words on it yet. im looking for a high end dap with flat sound signature that pairs well with the jh16 and heir 8a. i love the jh16 sound but when its paired with the studio v its just that the treble is making me fatigue. i had learned my lesson not to pair bright IEM with studio v lol. its perfect when its paired with the ie80 and um3x though.

Maybe the DX100 would be the unit if you don't mind the extra bulk and lower battery life. Or consider the RWA AK100 :). Still burning mine in as we speak.

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #680 of 795
Quote:
lol the TF10s are garbage my friend. Not even close to my 1Plus2 nor were they comparable to my other IEMs such as tape modded IE80s with silver cable, Sony MDR-7550s and FX700s. Simply put the TF10s are trash. I never saw into the hype they got as they really aren't that good to begin with :wink:. Yet they managed to sound worse after having them molded into Customs :wink:.

i very much disagree with you about the TF10, granted sans good amp they are rather meh but with something good driving them i have no trouble saying they deserve to sit at the top table of IEM's.

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #681 of 795
Quote:

i very much disagree with you about the TF10, granted sans good amp they are rather meh but with something good driving them i have no trouble saying they deserve to sit at the top table of IEM's.

We both agree to disagree :wink:.

I consider the top table of IEMs to be high end ones. Prices definitely go up. But so does the sound quality :). I feel the TF10s are mid-fi at best and other IEMs in that segment are still quite a bit better IMO.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #682 of 795
Maybe the DX100 would be the unit if you don't mind the extra bulk and lower battery life. Or consider the RWA AK100 :). Still burning mine in as we speak.

Maybe i would just buy an centrance dac mini because most probably i would use my custom inside and use the studio v and ie80/um3x pair when im outside

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #683 of 795
Ok, so now the player freezes on startup and needs to be reset with a pin, AND it now refuses to recognize any song files on any of my sd cards (even if I delete a system folder, as previously suggested to me). I would advise anyone against buying this player. I will say again- it is way too unreliable to gamble $500 on. I have asked to return it for a refund. I have bought several DAPs in my time, and none of them have been this unreliable.

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #684 of 795
Quote:
Ok, so now the player freezes on startup and needs to be reset with a pin, AND it now refuses to recognize any song files on any of my sd cards (even if I delete a system folder, as previously suggested to me). I would advise anyone against buying this player. I will say again- it is way too unreliable to gamble $500 on. I have asked to return it for a refund. I have bought several DAPs in my time, and none of them have been this unreliable.

You probably removed or added a card while turned on or dragged something into the system folder.

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #685 of 795
If you did what goodvibes said it will cause issues and require a firmware reinstall. I've done this before on my older unit and it acted weird until I reinstalled the firmware. Never remove or insert a micro SD card with the unit powered on. Always ensure to delete the system folder from the internal memory after adding or removing files. Otherwise I'd say your unit may be defective. But goodvibes reasoning seems to be a possible solution that I had forgotten about. Strangely enough this is not the norm for a properly functioning unit. For me its as easy as turning it on and let it load for 45 secs and I can access my 1900 to 2500 FLAC files depending on which SD card I'm using.

Jan 12, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #686 of 795
Quote:
If you did what goodvibes said it will cause issues and require a firmware reinstall. I've done this before on my older unit and it acted weird until I reinstalled the firmware. Never remove or insert a micro SD card with the unit powered on. Always ensure to delete the system folder from the internal memory after adding or removing files. Otherwise I'd say your unit may be defective. But goodvibes reasoning seems to be a possible solution that I had forgotten about. Strangely enough this is not the norm for a properly functioning unit. For me its as easy as turning it on and let it load for 45 secs and I can access my 1900 to 2500 FLAC files depending on which SD card I'm using.

I'll give this a shot. Cheers.

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #687 of 795
I've downloaded the firmware update packages from HIsound. When I run the exe file it searches for a few seconds and then says "connect the device". In short- it doesn't recognize the player to update. I'm ready to throw this little brick against the wall.

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #688 of 795
Go to the hisound firmware thread and follow the directions exactly as stated. It is idiot-proof directions.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/587884/hisound-studio-rocoo-firmware-files

If you are still having issues then something is wrong with your player (defective). Unless there is something up with your tags from which I cannot see.

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #689 of 795
Quote:
I've downloaded the firmware update packages from HIsound. When I run the exe file it searches for a few seconds and then says "connect the device". In short- it doesn't recognize the player to update. I'm ready to throw this little brick against the wall.

Here's a detailed procedure.
The FW is available on HISound's site. http://www.hisoundaudio.com/uploads/soft/120509/1_1702247901.rar unzip and maintain folder structure.
Remove sd card. Reset, hold the up button when connecting and don't let go until you know it's in or wait 15sec. Open the updater that you've unzipped. (File with speaker logo). That should find the player. Once found it will show as a drive in 'my computer'. Format. When finished formatting, 'start' the updater until complete. Close and eject.

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #690 of 795
Is there a way to take the back off the Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition. I find that the screws on the back of the unit are not tight at all but it has that plastic part stuck to the back. If some one could point me to a link or how to take the plastic part off with out damage would be fantastic.

Thanks.

P,S I love this little player. Love the sound and feel of this unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back