Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who's Moby? (preparing to get flamed..)

See here.

wink.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #5 of 18
flamed.
ph34r.gif

his album 'ambient' was part of the soundtrack to my youth

and whilst i am not that great of a fan of his later works, his album '18' is well regarded as being a VERY headphone friendly album indeed due the fact that they mixed the record using solely analog equipment in true stereo much like old music, as is his latest offering also

great link btw Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who's Moby? (preparing to get flamed..)

Oct 23, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #8 of 18
That was awesome. He's an obsessive gadget buyer, like most of us
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #9 of 18
Niiiiiiiiice. Despite his assertion that, "there's no such thing as a cool electronic musician," I think Moby is one cool dude. In a interview with MTV a while back, he showed off the boom box in which he he played all his final mixes through. If the tune didn't sound right through this ghetto looking, 80's silver Panasonic dual tape, he wasn't going to release it.

Thanks for the link.

Oct 23, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Niiiiiiiiice. Despite his assertion that, "there's no such thing as a cool electronic musician," I think Moby is one cool dude.

I was thinking the same thing. He's a reflective thinker and obviously has a real appreciation for the art of making music. This video has made me want to go out and buy a couple of his albums (analog, of course) to help support his gear junkie habit, which I can definitely relate to!

Oct 23, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking the same thing. He's a reflective thinker and obviously has a real appreciation for the art of making music. This video has made me want to go out and buy a couple of his albums (analog, of course) to help support his gear junkie habit, which I can definitely relate to!

He's quite a thinker, and makes some soothing music. He's on my "meet some day" list.
dt880smile.png

NK

Oct 23, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #13 of 18
I just want one of those things. I don't care for his music but I can definitely appreciate someone else who loves drum machines. Since they're so rare, I don't think I will get my hands on a real 909, so I'll have to stick with my sample packs.

Oct 24, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #14 of 18
After Play I didnt think Moby could put out an album of the same caliber again. He was experimenting too much, unsuccessfully to everyone's dismay. But his new album Wait for Me (2009) is amazing. It reminds me of Play so much, more refined, more grown up. He reverted back to the old successful formula. Go Buy it, It is Totally Worth It!!

Oct 24, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #15 of 18
Pretty cool! I am impressed with the furniture that neatly houses all those keyboards and modules. I used to like his music back with Move, Everytime You Touch Me, Everything is Wrong but then his different styles (including rock stuff) make me drift away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back