TOUR CLOSED - LIME EARS US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - LE2, LE3SW, and Aether >>> Starting February 2017
Jan 30, 2017 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 210

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
Emil from Lime Ears has graciously provided me with some demos to listen through his CIEM lineup. Even better, at my request he is allowing me to share them with my US friends at Head-Fi so we all get to hear them. Yes it includes his AETHER which we have all heard great things about, as well as his dual and triple BA designs.  If you are interested, please speak up now as I am opening up for participants. The rules and requirements for becoming a member are listed below.

http://www.limeears.com/

US CIEM Demo Tour, Featuring:
  • LE2  (480€) – Dual armature design (Single Low, Single High)
  • LE3SW (625€) – Triple armature design (Single low, Single Midrange, Single High), with faceplate-mounted switch giving ability to instantly change sound signature between LE3 and LE3B.
  • AETHER (1150) – Flagship: Five armature driver design (Single sub, Dual low, Single mid, Single high)

Reviews

Tour Instructions (7 Day Audition)

The participant list is organized logistically to minimize shipping costs starting from Seattle. The the tour will begin with the first in the list for a 7-day audition. Thereafter they will be responsible to deliver or ship the demo kit to the next participant in the list.

• Upon Receipt:
    • Post: Please immediately post on the thread both receipt and condition of the demo kit.
    • PM: Please immediately PM the next participant on the list to arrange delivery (if local) or shipping. This step is critical to avoid delaying the tour. It is each participants responsibility to keep the tour moving. If the participant is unresponsive for all three days of your audition, it is your responsibility to move on to the next in the list so the tour does not get stalled. Please PM Barra with any issues.
  • Issues: Please PM Barra with any issues.
    • Dropping Out: Please PM Barra if you feel you cannot fullfil your tour responsibilites and I will pull you from the list.
  • Optional Review: Reviews are completely optional, but greatly appreciated by all Head-Fi members.
    • Thoughts/Impressions: Feel free to post your thoughts, initial impressions, pairing results, or even informal reviews or comparisons right here on this thread.
    • Formal Reviews: While you are welcome to post formal reviews on this thread, they are often more manageable if you use the Head-Fi review fuctionality and post a link here for people to follow.

Tour Signup

To sign up for this tour, please post your name, city, and state only – no personal address in the public forum – and then declare that you agree to follow the terms of the tour. That’s it. We reserve the right to turn down application if we find cause, but hope to accommodate all those US Head-Fi’ers that are interested. If you meet any of the three requirements below and as long as there is room, your in.

Participant Requirement Options:
  • Long Term Head-Fi: Automatic Qualification
    • Two years Head-Fi Membership: We need to know that you have a track record.
    • More than 200 posts: We need to know that you are active.
  • New to Head-Fi: A few extra steps if you don't meet the long term HF status requirement - please PM to barra
    • Copy/scan/photo of ID: We need a photo of your drivers license or passport.
    • Complete Home Contact Info - Phone/Address
    • Complete Work Contract Info - Phone/Address
  • Referral from Emil: Automatic qualification

Signups begin now, and will remain open during the tour welcoming late comers. However, we reserve the right to end signups at any time so please don’t hesitate or you may lose out. The tour will start when we have enough participants to create a reasonable list. Have fun!

Example Signup PostFrom Barra: I live in Woodinville, WA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 210

Tour Participant List

We hope to gather our list over the next few weeks to build logistics into our tour order. However, the tour will be starting in Seattle first and may start before we close our participation requests. We may add more as it makes sense, but later logistics will be first come first serve so likely to make postage more expensive. The good news is that we will do our best to accommodate all US Head-Fiers that wish to participate.

US Tour:

Name: Location:

1. @Barra Seattle, WA
  2. @barrasr Bellevue, WA
  3. @alpha421 Bellevue, WA
  4. @ericr Issaquah, WA
  5. @Torq Redmond, WA
  6. @H2Ologd Duvall, WA
  7. @thelostMIDrange Kirkland, WA
  8. @Poetik Fife, WA
  9. @nmatheis Portland, OR
  10. @ExpiredLabel Portland, OR
  11. @ustinj Fremont, CA
  12. @danniao Thousand Oaks, CA
  13. @gnarlsagan Orange, CA
  14. @DWbirdseye Littleton, CO
  15. @drbluenewmexico Albuquerque, NM
  16. @Aleatorius Garland, TX
  17. @PareZIVale College Station, TX
  18. @Finatic Old Monroe, MO
  19. @mrstrangeguy Chicago, IL
  20. @seamon Lafayette, IN
  21. @Ike1985 Elizabethtown, KY
  22. @shotgunshane Atlanta, GA
  23. @The Dan of Steel Tampa, FL
  24. @warrior1975 Delray Beach, FL
  25. @cellarbro Ridgewood, NY
  26. @gearofwar Flushing, NY
  27. @Overkill Red New York City, NY

Late Comers:

1. @shenshengkafei Bothell, WA
  2. @highwind2008 Atlanta, GA
  3. @bvng3540 Bothell, WA
  4. @linux4ever DC Metro
  5. @Vansen - Newtown, CT
  6. @eldss - Omaha, NE
  7. @muffins - Ladson, SC
  8. @GTecX - Pomona, CA
  9. @flashbak - Phoenix, AZ
  10. @Carlsan - Trenton, NJ
  11. @ngoshawk - Warrensburg, MO
  12. @ivanrocks321 - Brooklyn, NY
  13. @hattrick15 - Palo Alto, CA
  14. @SilverEars - Boston, MA
  15. @wormsdriver - McAllen, TX
  16. @Barra - Anthem, AZ

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 210
I live in Woodinville, WA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 210
Holy... A demo for the Aether. I wanna be the first one.
I live in Lafayette Area, Indiana and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Thanks for the tour :)

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #10 of 210
I live in Thousand Oaks, California and would like to participate this tour. I agreed to follow the terms of this tour.

@Barra, thanks for allowing new members to participate! Should I send my required info to you through PM?

Jan 31, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #12 of 210
St. Louis Missouri for me and I'd be happy to follow the guidelines for another opportunity (in addition to the custom art tour) to find my next set of IEMs. Once again...Thank you.

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #14 of 210
I have been waiting to hear Limears for QUITE a long time, also on my list: spiral, campfire, EE and others.  Please add me to the list, I agree and will follow all terms. Elizabethtown, ky.

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #15 of 210
I live in Duvall, Wa.  I would like to participate in the tour.  I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back