TOUR CLOSED - LIME EARS US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - LE2, LE3SW, and Aether >>> Starting February 2017
Apr 27, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #106 of 210
I can't post my review because it exceeds 1000 characters(not even words). What the heck!?
Is this normal @Brooko?

Well most of mine will be rejected then too! :wink:

I honestly have no idea whats going on. I have no Admin status, and wasn't aware of all these changes. Still trying to find my way around .....

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #107 of 210
Well most of mine will be rejected then too! :wink:

I honestly have no idea whats going on. I have no Admin status, and wasn't aware of all these changes. Still trying to find my way around .....

this is a trainwreck , whoever did your new site should be dragged into courts

a shame , this seems more like ad-fi

shame.

May 1, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #110 of 210
Package received today. Everything appears in great condition. Briefly put them all on. Enjoying the 3 at the moment. But having a taste of the Aether has got me thinking only of it.

May 14, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #114 of 210
Miscellaneous ramblings on Lime Ears tour kit plus bonus material on Rhapsodio Galaxy v2. Hope you can make it through it, lol :p

Following up with some objective data for the Lime Ears IEM vs a reference IEM many of you have heard of, the Jomo 6R.

LE2
IMG_0547.JPG

LE3 with Bass Switch Off & On
IMG_0544.JPG

Aether with Bass Switch Off & On
IMG_0545.JPG

LE2 and LE3 + Aether with Bass Switch Off
IMG_0542.JPG

LE2 and LE3 + Aether with Bass Switch On
IMG_0543.JPG

BONUS: Campfire Audio Vega, Jomo 6R, Lime Ears Aether, Rhapsodio Galaxy v2
IMG_0546.JPG

So what did I think?

I wouldn't personally go for LE2. If I were considering Lime Ears, I'd step up to LE3 w/Switch.

Speaking of LE3 w/Switch, I thought it was the bang for your buck champ in the Lime Ears lineup. It stepped-up the clarity, had more expansive soundstage, and warmed-up nicely with the bass switch engaged. My measurements above give you a good visual representation of exactly what that switch does, which is increasing everything south of 1k a few dB. Personally, I preferred these with the bass switch on but was glad to have the option to turn it off if I was listening to music that already had moar bass, lol.

So what about Aether? Well, Aether kicks things up a notch or two beyond LE3 - better clarity, more refined mids, better spacial cues & soundstage, and the bass switch is more focused on lower bass. It definitely plays with the TOTL IEM I've heard to date. My one odd occurrence with Aether was that when I paired it with LPG, I had some of the oddest, most disjointed sibilance I think I've ever experienced with a pair of IEM. This disappeared when I switched to the Cayin i5 and reappeared whenever I went back to LPG. Not sure what was going on there, but I quickly learned not to use Aether + LPG.

To sum up, I give a thumbs up to LE3 w/Switch for bang for your buck winner in the lineup. That's the one I'd recommend as the entry point into the Lime Ears lineup. If you've got the money though, but all means step up to Aether w/Switch without hesitation. And by the way, you can get LE3 and Aether without the bass switch. I'd recommend going for the switch. It works well and gives the IEM increased adaptability / flexibility for different types of music, pairing with different sources, bass-craving mood swings, etc.

Thanks again to @Barra for throwing together another fun tour, and also to Emil not only for letting us test out his IEM lineup but also for doing a great job tuning these!

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #117 of 210
@Barra, I missed this one, but is it too late to sign up for this tour? If not, I would like to sign up and agree to the terms and conditions. Thanks!
No problem, added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back