TOUR CLOSED - LIME EARS US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - LE2, LE3SW, and Aether >>> Starting February 2017
Aug 11, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #182 of 210
I live in Palo Alto, CA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to the terms of the tour.
Please PM the additional contact info required per the first post rules for new headfiers and I will be glad to add you to the tour.

Aug 11, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #183 of 210
I've provided that information to you already as part of the 64 Audio U18 and Tia Fourte tour. So you already have it.

Aug 11, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #184 of 210
I've provided that information to you already as part of the 64 Audio U18 and Tia Fourte tour. So you already have it.
Ops, adding now

Aug 11, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #185 of 210
Thanks very much!

Aug 11, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #186 of 210
@gearofwar I'm interested in the difference between the universal and custom too. I'll be honest, I spent a long time trying to adjust the headphones in my ears. I found them often uncomfortable, and the sound definitely changed depending on the insertion depth and angle, and that did impact my listening experience :p
I didn't use LE's tips at all but instead using Campfire's tips which was more comfortable to my ears, I didn't bother to compare them on SQ unfortunately. The custom version always provides better isolation, also it reaches deeper inside the ear so you can easily hear better resolution and depth of the stage. Not only that, the comfort is alot better, once you go custom and get used to it, you wouldn't want to go back to universal for daily use.

BTW, I would love to hear you opinion on the universal vs. the custom. It seemed to me based on contorting my ears to get the best sound that the custom would take it a step higher in performance. Can you tell any differences from what you experienced in the demo vs. your new custom?
No problem, but it's actually based on the vague memories before i got to try other iems.
The custom has more finer details and a bit more extension than the Universal but they are quite close. The picture is overall clearer, still the same signature and tonality. Also because of the custom fit reaching deeper inside the ears, I can easily hear more details on the background and feel the stage is deeper.
Actually, I heard from people who have tried both 8.2 demo and custom , the performance gap between the 2 versions is even farther than Aether

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #187 of 210
Aug 14, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #190 of 210
No problem, dropping now.

Aug 17, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #191 of 210
Aug 22, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #192 of 210
Shipping out to hattrick15 tomorrow am.

Aug 26, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #193 of 210
I received the tour units from Carlsan. Everything is in good condition and I am excited to listen to them.

Aug 26, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #194 of 210
Man, all these tours keep popping up I wasn't aware of. LOL.

Barra, is it too late to add me to the roster?

I live in Boston, MA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Aug 27, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #195 of 210
Man, all these tours keep popping up I wasn't aware of. LOL.

Barra, is it too late to add me to the roster?

I live in Boston, MA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.
You are in luck, you are after @hattrick15 - adding now - please PM @hattrick15 your shipping address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back