TOUR CLOSED - Hidition US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - NT6pro, NT6, and Viento >>> Starting May 2017
Jun 1, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #47 of 225
Jun 1, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #49 of 225
I had a brief chat with bvng3540 at the time of handoff. Hands down, the best of the three was the NT6pro. It filled in the bass department that I felt was lacking a little with the NT6. I wasn't too impressed with the Viento when comparing it to the NT6s'. I can see the appeal with different tuning via the microscopic switches, which I didn't play around much with it due to fear of breakage. It's strange that when the switches were down (I guess off), it sounded lifeless across the board. To me, it was like night and day difference with the switches up/down, and felt it took away too much of what the switches were designed far.

Going back to the NT6pro, you (Barra) can speak from experience I'm sure, but when you've had a taste of truly pinnacle performance with the other current TOTL offerings ( hint...U18t, W900), the TOTL of yesteryears can keep up to a point, and take the win only due to the huge price differences with current TOTL models, the wallet is the only determining factor, which sucks donkey balls.

Members who I've voice my pessimistic opinion with the driver count game/war, well, I'm eating crow (damn you - U18t). Not to take away from this thread, but if I hadn't heard the current TOTL offerings, and my budget was under $1.5K, I would purchase the NT6pro as I really digged it's tonality and technical prowess.

Jun 1, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #50 of 225
Im a basshead and I enjoyed my time with the NT6PRO.

Jun 1, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #51 of 225
I had a brief chat with bvng3540 at the time of handoff. Hands down, the best of the three was the NT6pro. It filled in the bass department that I felt was lacking a little with the NT6. I wasn't too impressed with the Viento when comparing it to the NT6s'. I can see the appeal with different tuning via the microscopic switches, which I didn't play around much with it due to fear of breakage. It's strange that when the switches were down (I guess off), it sounded lifeless across the board. To me, it was like night and day difference with the switches up/down, and felt it took away too much of what the switches were designed far.

Going back to the NT6pro, you (Barra) can speak from experience I'm sure, but when you've had a taste of truly pinnacle performance with the other current TOTL offerings ( hint...U18t, W900), the TOTL of yesteryears can keep up to a point, and take the win only due to the huge price differences with current TOTL models, the wallet is the only determining factor, which sucks donkey balls.

Members who I've voice my pessimistic opinion with the driver count game/war, well, I'm eating crow (damn you - U18t). Not to take away from this thread, but if I hadn't heard the current TOTL offerings, and my budget was under $1.5K, I would purchase the NT6pro as I really digged it's tonality and technical prowess.
I have to admit, that my new A18s dethroned my NT6pros as performance champs at three times the cost, but the pros still get a large share of my ear time. The 18s are kept mostly at home for special listening and evenings being pampered where the pros follow me out into the wild during the day. The updated pros that I just got sound like the tour version which is different from my original pair. The original was more transparent throughout for - as averagejoe called it, bell-like clarity - but the new bigger bottom end makes them a more entertaining CIEM while retaining most of the transparency. I am having fun getting reacquainted with the pros.

But man, that A18 is at a new level for CIEMs.

So alpha what are you going to do - get three pros or an 18, or both?

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #53 of 225
I only have a brief listen of the pro, to my ears it sound very dull, bass hit hard but just too boomy and muddy, I guess it because my ears been listen to lots of TOTL IEMS, in my opinion the aaw ah3 sounded way better, can't wait for my turn to try the 18 and Tia, but I really missed the w900, it is on my wanted list for my next purchase.

Jun 3, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #54 of 225
Hello to all future tour participants, few days ago I accidentally damaged one of the cable, just want to inform everyone so that no one will be responsible for it, except me, I had contacted Barra about it and he did get in touch with Hidition and they will send out a replacement cable, he will send it to whom ever get the kit when the cable arrive, sorry for any inconvenience that I may has cause, happy listening and thanks for your understanding on my mistake.

Jun 3, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #55 of 225
Received tour kits from @bvng3540. Everything is in good shape except the broken cable on Viento.
http://imgur.com/a/4GCnI
4GCnI

Jun 4, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #56 of 225
Some brief first impressions.

I love them!

After hearing the NT6 and NT6 pro, I finally understood the clear that people were talking about. They are the brightest IEM I have ever heard, but I did not hear any hiss that I was worry about.
NT6 and NT6 pro are having pretty much the same tuning except the bass. Compared to NT6, the PRO is definitely on the warm side, but both of them are having pretty good extension and resolution.

I have SE5WAY REF, UE11 Pro and JH16v2. From what I am owning, you can tell I am a bass head. JH16 has the most boomy and heavy bass, which is a little bit too much for me, even I am a bass head. 5WAY's bass varies with songs. I found it was boring when listening to some songs because of the 'neutral' bass. UE11 Pro has a punchy bass. Its sub bass is always enhanced and makes the notes thick. Turn to NT6PRO, I love this bass! It is not boomy or muddy. It is not too much or little. It is just about right to make it sound fun. Its bass is faster than UE11 and JH16 and as fast as the 5WAY. The bass of 5WAY has more rumble and natural decay, which is the only thing that beats NT6PRO.

Regrading midrange of NT6/NT6PRO, I feel it is a little bit recessed compared to 5WAY, while is more intimated than JH16v2 and UE11.

Treble of NT6/NT6PRO definitely beats all my CIEMs. 5WAY is dark when compared to them, though they all have almost the same level of extension.

Big thank to @Barra for hosting this, appreciate it!

Jun 9, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #60 of 225
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back