TOUR CLOSED - Han Sound Audio Premium Upgrade IEM Cables Head-Fi Tour - Starting May 2018
Jul 24, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #47 of 69
I'd imagine you can order it without both but that would defeat the purpose since the other is a ground.

Is the venom provided in the tour the revised or original tuning?

I am limiting myself to 3 days to keep the tour moving. Being out of town held everything up.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #49 of 69
Jul 25, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #50 of 69
Can I get on the end of this tour as well Thanks!
Ops, you are already on this tour. Did you mean you wanted to be moved later or just losing track?

Jul 25, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #51 of 69
Oops, just lost track , my bad...
:face_palm:

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #52 of 69
I just don't know what in the venom, but it sounded so good with my iem, sounded way better than EA leonidas

I'd say its the emi/rf isolation, maybe this is part of the reason Zeus xiv has such holographic 3d vocals, it has isolation technology around the drivers themselves. The venom makes vocals sound holographic and ultra detailed as well.

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #55 of 69
My time with these awesome cables is unfortunately at an end. As is usually the case with these things you never get as much time with them as you would like but I did come away impressed with what I heard. Using the cables with my noble sage I particularly enjoyed the Aurora, Redcore, and Zen 8-wire copper cables. Having had to get rid of my Atlas recently I had been missing the bass presence with the Noble sage. Thankfully the Zen 8 which I tried first really scratched that itch. Now, admittedly, I would not classify this as balanced in any way and the bass would have been too overpowering for many audiophiles. But like I said it put a smile on my face. I also enjoyed the redcore which I found to be a little more balanced for my Sage than the Zen 8. It still had a bit of elevated bass compared to stock cable but not as much boost as the copper. Overall, I found it to be a solid upgrade but not something I absolutely had to have. My favorite though was the Aurora. Something about it just paired beautifully with my Sage and believe it or not I think I enjoyed it more than the venom. The more cables I try the more I realize that finding that right match for your specific iem is really important. Unfortunately for me, the Aurora is more expensive than the iem I was using. But it sure sounded beautiful. Thanks for this opportunity. I will be shipping the cables today or tomorrow to @hung031086.

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #56 of 69
I'd imagine you can order it without both but that would defeat the purpose since the other is a ground.

Is the venom provided in the tour the revised or original tuning?

So how is the other plug supposed to be used as a ground?

Aug 15, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #57 of 69
So how is the other plug supposed to be used as a ground?
It was made for an AK DAP and plugs into the 3.5mm plug for the ground while using the 2.5mm for a balanced signal. You can still use the 2.5mm without the additional shielded ground and it sounds great. The extra plug just dangles in this case. The Venum is my favorite cable to date and sounded good with everything - wish I would have tried the active shielding option on my AK100ii, but never tried given my fascination/preferences for my other daps.

Aug 15, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #58 of 69
It was made for an AK DAP and plugs into the 3.5mm plug for the ground while using the 2.5mm for a balanced signal. You can still use the 2.5mm without the additional shielded ground and it sounds great. The extra plug just dangles in this case. The Venum is my favorite cable to date and sounded good with everything - wish I would have tried the active shielding option on my AK100ii, but never tried given my fascination/preferences for my other daps.

That is what I was thinking, but wanted to find out for sure. I will have to try it on my AK 100 II :wink:

Aug 17, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #59 of 69
I received cables from @faithguy19 today and just opened the box. Everything looks good. The venom looks very interesting. I think i will have some fun time with these this weekend :D

20180817_212122.jpg
20180817_212351.jpg

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #60 of 69
Received kit this morning when I got to work. Appears that everything is here with the exception of the price sheet that's in hung031086's picture above.
I'm starting out with the Aurora which has absolutely gorgeous look and feel for a 6 wire cable, very supple, no microphonics.
I'm not sure about the effect on sound, it's subtle that's for sure. The problem I have with these kinds of auditions is I concentrate so much on the 'sound' that I begin to lose
the music. More to come later.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back