TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8.2 and Ei.XX
Jan 21, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #47 of 246
I just got home and briefly tried the EIxx, so far my initial impression is that it's v-shaped with bass that has good sub-bass extension (that was definitely lacking in my Mee Audio P1) with some rumble in the mid-bass with mids coming off as slightly veiled and overall lacking in some clarity.

Going from the P1 to the EIxx I thought these had way too much bass but I'm getting used to them. I had a shallow seal with the single flange tips and so far have the best seal with the double flange tips.

I plan on sticking with the EIxx for two days before trying the H8.2, during this time I'm only going to be able to compare it to my P1 on a Geek Out, Mojo, and iFi Pro iCan.

Thanks for the feedback. This is how Ei.xx are supposed to be - it's bassy V-shaped signature. If you find mids lacking I'm sure you'll like H 8.2

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #48 of 246
I would love to be part of this tour if there is any slots left. I'm in South Texas by the way.

Let me know.
popcorn.gif

-wormsdriver

Jan 22, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #49 of 246
I was a little impatient and tried the H8.2 earlier than I told myself I would, my initial impressions from Ei.xx to H8.2:

There's the mids I was hoping for along with some immediate clarity, bass is more defined and rumble is sufficient for my tastes albeit noticeably less, treble lost some energy but seems to be deeply extended.

Just out of curiosity I tried these direct from my phone and as I expected it's unlistenable due to the noise floor, it's noticeable on the Ei.xx but not that bad but I need to bypass my phone on the H8.2 since I can't ignore it.

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #50 of 246
  I was a little impatient and tried the H8.2 earlier than I told myself I would, my initial impressions from Ei.xx to H8.2:

There's the mids I was hoping for along with some immediate clarity, bass is more defined and rumble is sufficient for my tastes albeit noticeably less, treble lost some energy but seems to be deeply extended.

Just out of curiosity I tried these direct from my phone and as I expected it's unlistenable due to the noise floor, it's noticeable on the Ei.xx but not that bad but I need to bypass my phone on the H8.2 since I can't ignore it.

Nice!
What phone are you using?

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #51 of 246
Nice!
What phone are you using?

Nexus 6P, the more I use it with headphones the more I feel inclined to just get a DAP (so as to avoid lugging around a portable dac/amp).
Per a thread on /r/headphones/:
"If 10 is "not plugged into anything" and a 1 is "TV static", the 6P would be a 3, the iPhone would be an 8 and the Pixel would be a 7.5 (Or even closer.)" (/u/FTFYWithATypo/

Currently in court for jury duty and the isolation on these is great, however the left side on both do cause a slight discomfort over time due to my concha? being slightly asymmetrical.

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #52 of 246
Nexus 6P, the more I use it with headphones the more I feel inclined to just get a DAP (so as to avoid lugging around a portable dac/amp).
Per a thread on /r/headphones/:
"If 10 is "not plugged into anything" and a 1 is "TV static", the 6P would be a 3, the iPhone would be an 8 and the Pixel would be a 7.5 (Or even closer.)" (/u/FTFYWithATypo/

Currently in court for jury duty and the isolation on these is great, however the left side on both do cause a slight discomfort over time due to my concha? being slightly asymmetrical.

Something portable as OTG should do the trick, I guess?

As for fit try to twist the IEM a bit either forward or backwards. When I stared using our universal I noticed that in certain position it caused me great pain but once twisted just a tiny bit clock wise (right ear) fit becomes perfect.

Jan 23, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #53 of 246
Something portable as OTG should do the trick, I guess?

As for fit try to twist the IEM a bit either forward or backwards. When I stared using our universal I noticed that in certain position it caused me great pain but once twisted just a tiny bit clock wise (right ear) fit becomes perfect.

For the most part my setup is on my Geek Out via OTG and the Mojo when I go to school.

In regards to fit I came to the same conclusion and they're more enjoyable now, now I'm struggling to take off the H8.2 due to how much I like them, I listened to these for hours and I didn't want to put them down last night until into the morning.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #54 of 246
  I would love to be part of this tour if there is any slots left. I'm in South Texas by the way.

Let me know.
popcorn.gif

-wormsdriver

You're in. 
L3000.gif

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #55 of 246
I am definitely interested in this tour if possible. I am in Lafayette area, Indiana

Edit: May I join? Oh pretty please

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #56 of 246
  I am definitely interested in this tour if possible. I am in Lafayette area, Indiana

Edit: May I join? Oh pretty please

You're in too. 
wink_face.gif

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #57 of 246
Can I get in on this as well? :D I am in NYC.

I am thinking about purchasing a CIEM for on the go. The subway is quite loud in NYC and I find myself cranking up my universals to a louder volume more often while on the go.

Was thinking about music ones or the EI3 for on the go.

Would be so thrilled to try these out.

Thank you for the consideration.

Jan 24, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #58 of 246

I am thinking about purchasing a CIEM for on the go. The subway is quite loud in NYC and I find myself cranking up my universals to a louder volume more often while on the go.

Sent PM.

Jan 24, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #59 of 246

And you are in too. Looks like we will keep this tour going for a while. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back