TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8.2 and Ei.XX
Nov 3, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #32 of 246
Still new to the hobby coming from bose/beats and I've already caught the bug

Currently Shure 425s and Sennheiser M2s

If you're interested in meeting up to try out some new gear sometime, let me know. I'm near Woodstock neighborhood.

love to get in on this tour if possible

@drbluenewmexico.

thanks, drblue  

let me know!

Howdy drblue!

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #34 of 246
These arived today. Will give them a good listen over the next 7 days.

Dec 14, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #35 of 246
This tour thread is very dead right now. Anyone have any thoughts or comments they wish to share for others that havent had an opportunity to hear them?

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #37 of 246
Hey reviewers, just checking in to see who has the kit now? Things have been a little quiet here. Can the remaining reviewers please acknowledge receipt and shipping to the next reviewer so the rest can follow?

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #38 of 246
Hey reviewers, just checking in to see who has the kit now? Things have been a little quiet here. Can the remaining reviewers please acknowledge receipt and shipping to the next reviewer so the rest can follow?

I've been a naughty boy Barra. I've been silent and need to move these bad boys on to my friend drbluenewmexico. I'll PM him about that tonight and make sure to drop and impressions of these. I also took some time to measure then and added them to my man crinacle's measurement thread. I'll either link to those or quote my posts over there, so people can visualize the FR Curves.

Cheers,
Nikolaus

Jan 10, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #39 of 246
I've been a naughty boy @Barra. I've been silent and need to move these bad boys on to my friend @drbluenewmexico. I'll PM him about that tonight and make sure to drop and impressions of these. I also took some time to measure then and added them to my man @crinacle's measurement thread. I'll either link to those or quote my posts over there, so people can visualize the FR Curves.

Cheers,
Nikolaus

Greetings head-fier"s!  i received the tour package from Nik this afternoon, and just started to listen.  Package in good condition, finding good tips no problem with large assortment sent,
double flange silicon working best for me on first listen to blue ones.  This may be a silly question, but which model is blue and which is purple?
So far listening to THE ALIEN JAMS (peakrec.com) my favorite test recording, blues are really interesting out of DX90...thanks for including me in this tour!
more soon....

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #40 of 246

I've been a naughty boy @Barra. I've been silent and need to move these bad boys on to my friend @drbluenewmexico. I'll PM him about that tonight and make sure to drop and impressions of these. I also took some time to measure then and added them to my man @crinacle's measurement thread. I'll either link to those or quote my posts over there, so people can visualize the FR Curves.

Cheers,
Nikolaus

Greetings head-fier"s!  i received the tour package from Nik this afternoon, and just started to listen.  Package in good condition, finding good tips no problem with large assortment sent,
double flange silicon working best for me on first listen to blue ones.  This may be a silly question, but which model is blue and which is purple?
So far listening to THE ALIEN JAMS (peakrec.com) my favorite test recording, blues are really interesting out of DX90...thanks for including me in this tour!
more soon....

Looking at the pictures on the first page of this thread, the model number is printed on the front with the blue being the H8.2. Did the print wear off?

Jan 11, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #41 of 246
  Looking at the pictures on the first page of this thread, the model number is printed on the front with the blue being the H8.2. Did the print wear off?

I did find the model markings, i was looking on wrong side of earphone.  sorry for the Duh.
so far I'm blown away by the Ei.XX.  i was listening to some Ryan McGarvey blues, who is
a local guitarist and winner of the Eric Clapton Best new guitarist contest, who i see live regularly. out of DX90 the Ei.xx captured the spirit and musicality of the performance
(cd FLAC rip) better than any other earphone or headphone i own. i was frankly startled!  have to listen more to the H8.2 today, which Nik said grew on him the
more he listened and that he ultimately preferred.  it boggled me that the Ei.XX was the bargain entry model... gotta try them through MOJO out of HTC 10 usb today...

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #42 of 246
The XX does have that immediate wow factor, make me wonder how much better it gets as a custom. Seems like a steal at its price. Please let us know how it sounds with the Mojo.

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #43 of 246
  The XX does have that immediate wow factor, make me wonder how much better it gets as a custom. Seems like a steal at its price. Please let us know how it sounds with the Mojo.

good question!  listening this morning to the Harmony 8.2 I'm getting spoiled.  the midrange is lot more present than the XX, with deeper bass and sparkling treble.  Overall a
musical achievement of the highest order right out of my DX90 and HTC 10.  the XX did not do well on the Mojo test, it kind of strained and revealed its limitations rather
than making it more excellent. Still a good value for a 3way hybrid, although my PM4 rivals it in musicality except for the harsh high peaks that the upcoming Master is supposed
to solve with Trinity magic.  and that one is all paid for at a bargain price, so I'm going to wait for that, unless i win the lottery.....in which case i would immediately'
invest in the Harmony 8.2.  congratulations to Piotr on a TOTL success of engineering....The 8.2 sounds like full size headphones at times with blues, etc. But i can currently
get that sound with my ON2s out of a Mojo, and the ON2s were only 130.00.  different beasts, but musically i can live with that for now, until my ship comes in.  but then....

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #44 of 246
I just got home and briefly tried the EIxx, so far my initial impression is that it's v-shaped with bass that has good sub-bass extension (that was definitely lacking in my Mee Audio P1) with some rumble in the mid-bass with mids coming off as slightly veiled and overall lacking in some clarity.

Going from the P1 to the EIxx I thought these had way too much bass but I'm getting used to them. I had a shallow seal with the single flange tips and so far have the best seal with the double flange tips.

I plan on sticking with the EIxx for two days before trying the H8.2, during this time I'm only going to be able to compare it to my P1 on a Geek Out, Mojo, and iFi Pro iCan.

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #45 of 246
Hey all, if you were impressed with the Ei.xx, don't forget that it'll be sold on Massdrop again on January 22! Please join me in the drop, since I'm sure I'll be picking one up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back