TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Dec 9, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #496 of 813
Clarification. I have already emailed Poetik telling him to go onto the next person after me on the list since Malcuso already has his set on its way to me. Malcuso should have updated this thread when he shipped them out this past Thurs.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #498 of 813
Would a bass head be satisfied with u18 bass.

Some of my fav cans are the AH-D7000, Elear and LCD 2.2, so I do like some bass, but I'm not a true basshead. That said you might like it with the M20 module? To me the bass is plentiful, tight, dynamic and just right. But I prefered the m15 module as well.

Dec 9, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #499 of 813
Some of my fav cans are the AH-D7000, Elear and LCD 2.2, so I do like some bass, but I'm not a true basshead. That said you might like it with the M20 module? To me the bass is plentiful, tight, dynamic and just right. But I prefered the m15 module as well.
I'm not a basshead I like my music nuetral, but i still like my bass to thump when a song calls for it. Some iems aren't good at that.

Dec 9, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #500 of 813
I'm not a basshead I like my music nuetral, but i still like my bass to thump when a song calls for it. Some iems aren't good at that.

I thought the U18 to be very balanced with no part calling attention to itself and had out of this world soundstage, with astounding bass texture with realistic deep, slamming, tight bass with absolutely no bleed into the lower mids.

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #503 of 813
I have been bitten by the tia Fourte bug, so I think I will sell my mint SE846, along with the extra ALO Reference 8, 4.4mm Sony balanced cable, various nozzle filters, and Knowles damper mods...The Shures rock, but I just had to listen to the tia Fourte...doing a final listen today. Tia Fourte is, in my mind, in a totally different league. It sounds like a high-quality, open-back headphone, but yet with bass. That will begin the savings account process.
I understand! I'm doing the same thing. Are you still on the tour?

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #505 of 813
I'm really looking forward to auditioning these IEM's! BTW, if there's any of you folks interested in modern instrumental acoustic guitar music an excellent album was recently released by Mike Dawes called ERA. Highly recommended! :)

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #506 of 813
Is it too late to sign up for the tour?

If not, I live in Everett, WA, and I agree to the terms of the tour. Thank you :)
Added

Dec 10, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #507 of 813
After demoing the A18t and Forte, I am having the hardest time deciding between the two. I would go a18, if I went that route vs. universal Forte (or Trio).

Dec 10, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #508 of 813
After demoing the A18t and Forte, I am having the hardest time deciding between the two. I would go a18, if I went that route vs. universal Forte (or Trio).
It is a matter of personal taste, and there certainly is no wrong decision between the 2. I ended up choosing Fourte, and the universal aspect was totally fine for me since I now realize I won't ever keep the same iems forever, and resale value was harsh to me with a couple of ciems I've sold.

Dec 10, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #509 of 813
Universal seems easier to sell, I agree. I just can't get over the speed and clarity of the u18. It's world apart from anything I've heard.

The Forte you can actually FEEL the bass, but the sound isn't as wide to my ears. It's smoother, and mids are fantastic. Subbass is insane. It's more 'fun' but I feel like I'd miss the u18's transparency and pin-point precision most. Again, I am not sure. I will also miss the bass slam of the Forte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back