TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Nov 23, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #467 of 813
Listening to the tour kit the past couple of day. This sucks. Dammit. The Tia Fourte really is that good. I'm probably going to have to buy these expensive things. I'm never going to be able to retire....

I had to modify the dampers in my Shure SE846s so they sound a little bit better until I can afford the Tia Fourte. they are wonderful in ear monitors, but it is hard to justify the price. Having said that, if I win Lotto, I will buy them tomorrow. They gave me constant eargasms.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #469 of 813
Just curious if anyone would be interested in developing a poll thread to see which of the U18 or Fourte' people are buying. I would but not sure how to go about it. Maybe it could be attached to this thread? Any takers?

Nov 29, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #470 of 813
Just curious if anyone would be interested in developing a poll thread to see which of the U18 or Fourte' people are buying. I would but not sure how to go about it. Maybe it could be attached to this thread? Any takers?

If I could afford it, I would buy the Tia Fourte.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #472 of 813
And I am about to order the U18 :)

It is kind of funny how we all hear differently. I will probably wait until I can buy mint condition tia Fourte used...

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #475 of 813
I have been bitten by the tia Fourte bug, so I think I will sell my mint SE846, along with the extra ALO Reference 8, 4.4mm Sony balanced cable, various nozzle filters, and Knowles damper mods...The Shures rock, but I just had to listen to the tia Fourte...doing a final listen today. Tia Fourte is, in my mind, in a totally different league. It sounds like a high-quality, open-back headphone, but yet with bass. That will begin the savings account process.

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #476 of 813
I have been bitten by the tia Fourte bug, so I think I will sell my mint SE846, along with the extra ALO Reference 8, 4.4mm Sony balanced cable, various nozzle filters, and Knowles damper mods...The Shures rock, but I just had to listen to the tia Fourte...doing a final listen today. Tia Fourte is, in my mind, in a totally different league. It sounds like a high-quality, open-back headphone, but yet with bass. That will begin the savings account process.[/QUOTE

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #477 of 813
I have been bitten by the tia Fourte bug, so I think I will sell my mint SE846, along with the extra ALO Reference 8, 4.4mm Sony balanced cable, various nozzle filters, and Knowles damper mods...The Shures rock, but I just had to listen to the tia Fourte...doing a final listen today. Tia Fourte is, in my mind, in a totally different league. It sounds like a high-quality, open-back headphone, but yet with bass. That will begin the savings account process.

I sold my SE846 for 630 and Sennheiser HD800S for 1100 and with the 20% discount came out to about 1150. See if you can still get their 20% discount before purchasing. Ask for Brittany, she’s really helpful.

Dec 8, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #478 of 813
Yeah, after a week with them I had to buy a pair. Then my wife decided to torture me and insisted on wrapping them as a Christmas gift. Bah, humbug! :ksc75smile:

Dec 8, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #479 of 813
I sold my SE846 for 630 and Sennheiser HD800S for 1100 and with the 20% discount came out to about 1150. See if you can still get their 20% discount before purchasing. Ask for Brittany, she’s really helpful.
I was lucky enough to have a nice set of Obravos to sell, and though I loved them, the extra isolation the Fourte's provide proved to be a difference maker for me. Next up, I may consider selling my Ether Flows. At least I won't have to sell a kidney, right?

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #480 of 813
Yeah, after a week with them I had to buy a pair. Then my wife decided to torture me and insisted on wrapping them as a Christmas gift. Bah, humbug! :ksc75smile:

Castration may be my result...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back