TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Dec 12, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #526 of 813
I totally agree Barra! They are a class act! They sent brandy new outer boxes as well as 2 full sets of new tips. They certainly will have my future business! :) Thanks again for contacting and arranging this Bill, and of course a Big Thanks goes to Roman at 64 Audio!

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #527 of 813
Flaskbak, Glad you received. I noticed some of the tips missing too. You might check the U18t carry box. I think I saw a few extra in there but never found the large foam tips. I did not have any issues with the flutter you mention above. Occasionally I noticed a left channel imbalance, but I think that might have a been a seal issue as I did not use the supplied tips.

I was surprised I preferred the U18t over the Fourte. Coming from the Dita Truth Answer, I thought the hybrid design would be an end game for me. But the U18t got the most attention. Fit was a bit of an issues but pleasantly surprised how small the housing was esp. compared to similar 12+ BA drive configurations.

Thanks again Barra & 64 Audio for the tour!
New U12t tour?

Dec 14, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #529 of 813
Folks, last night while listening to the U18's I noticed a fluttering sound coming from the right channel randomly. You can hear it sometimes on the start of a song or on low passages. It is random though and can't be reproduced playing the same passage etc... I thought at first it was the pressure being relieved because that is kinda what it sounds like. That was with the M15 modules in as they arrived here. Any ideas? I will change them out for the M20's and see if that helps with the symptom. Also maybe reseating the M15 might help. Will update here when I've had a further chance to experiment. Pics of how the kits arrived here. Missing tips and shirt clip tab almost broken off.

Update: Removing and reinserting the M15's has seemed to resolve the fluttering sound in the right channel I was experiencing. Will continue to monitor the situation and update if necessary.

Did you pull the box out of the foam? Sometimes they slip underneath.

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #532 of 813
Throughout the years, my head-fi setup has dwindled down to just the basics. Currently my portable setup consists of just my cellphone, a samsung 7 edge +. I could splurge out and get a seperate dac / amp setup but that's really not my idea of portable and neither does it fit my lifestyle anymore. As you guys know, the U18 and the Fourte are both EXTREMELY good. I personally would have liked to spend more time with the u18 but I mainly focused on the fourte since it sounded closer to my UM Merlins.

I'm not sure if it's a custom vs universal thing, or if it's just my Merlin / Miracle, but nearly every higher end universal seems to have a leg up on soundstage. Not taking away from these iems but it's just something I noticed since it feels like universals inherently sit a little further out than customs. Regardless, I have to say that fourte was quite a bit better at instrument separation and depicting "headspace" than the Merlins. Loved how everything just kinda sat in it's own lane and was easily discernible from the other instruments. I was also quite shocked at how well they seemed to portrait the treble. I can't really tell exactly how much of it was due to the tia drivers or if it's just elevated treble but man does it sound great. The lows hit punctually and with authority as well. I would say that it's similar in punch to the merlins but with a bit more detail. Overall, I honestly felt like this iem was basically a Merlin on steroids. Really pretty much everything I've ever wanted out of an iem! 64 Audio you hit this one right out of the park!

Before I sent these off to the next person in line, I did a quick a/b with the u18 vs the fourte. It made me realize that I wish I could've spent more time with the u18 as it feels more balanced. Instrument separation is also very good on the u18 too. Perhaps one day I'll own a pair of my own but just off of first listening impressions, the fourte with it's more fun sound signature stole the spotlight.

I believe my only gripe with the iems would have to be the way they look. I love that they use an aluminum shell but I am not really a fan of the whole color scheme. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder so everyone may not feel this way, but the colors just felt a bit disjointed to me. I mean obviously the sound is the highlight but at $3600, I think having an option for a different color design would be doable. Since that currently doesn't seem to be an option, I wonder if 64 ears would ever consider making a custom version of these so that people could pick their own designs. I can certainly understand from a company perspective if they would keep it the way it is currently. Universals fit more ears, thus less stress and more money, but I'm just nitpicking since nothing negative could be said about the sound =)

Once again, thank you @Barra and 64 Audio for making this possible! These iems have a high price point but the sound you get from them is worth every penny!

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #533 of 813
I believe my only gripe with the iems would have to be the way they look. I love that they use an aluminum shell but I am not really a fan of the whole color scheme. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder so everyone may not feel this way, but the colors just felt a bit disjointed to me. I mean obviously the sound is the highlight but at $3600, I think having an option for a different color design would be doable. Since that currently doesn't seem to be an option, I wonder if 64 ears would ever consider making a custom version of these so that people could pick their own designs. I can certainly understand from a company perspective if they would keep it the way it is currently. Universals fit more ears, thus less stress and more money, but I'm just nitpicking since nothing negative could be said about the sound =)

Once again, thank you @Barra and 64 Audio for making this possible! These iems have a high price point but the sound you get from them is worth every penny!

I agree with the color scheme, not the greatest. Still, worth the sound you get out of them. The more simple gray and black of their new iems makes a better looking iem. Also, I understand that since the acoustic chamber size and shape for the drivers is an integral part of the way they sound, it would be more difficult to tune individual custom iems of various shapes.

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #534 of 813
Dec 16, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #535 of 813
Null Audio Premium Upgrade IEM Cables Head-Fi Tour - Starting December 2017
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nul...s-head-fi-tour-starting-december-2017.867643/

Yes, another tour. I am still toying with cables and my CIEMs. If anyone else is interested, these guys have very nice prices for the quality that they are putting out and right now are the only ones I know of that are doing CRYO. We have a full range of their cables in this tour, check it out.

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #536 of 813
Tour kit shipped out to lotech. Both amazing IEM's! I favored the 18's. The highs are simply amazing with no trace of harshness (cymbals never sounded so good)! The clarity of both these IEM's was just remarkable. Thanks go to both 64Audio and Barra for making this tour possible! :)

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #537 of 813
Checking Status
Can everyone with a tour kit sound off so I can see where they are? I think I know where two are, but looking for the third.

Kit 1: @flashbackk mailed to @lotech 12/18.
Kit 2: @Poetik mailed to @chef8489 12/14
Kit 3: ???

Dec 20, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #538 of 813
Mine are en route!
christmas gift for me.
woohoo!

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #540 of 813

Users who are viewing this thread

Back