Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get the reference to Tyll.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Santa SMASH

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #17 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2.
There is a video of someone trying to mess them up......
They seem to be unbreakable.

The guy in the video, iirc, is head-fier SunDevil, who now works for Beyerdynamic. At least, it doesn't look like Willi Pressuti, who still works for MB Quart as far as we know (and hasn't logged into head-fi in a long time).

http://www.gearwire.com/mb-quart-unb...es-vienna.html

You can't get the QP805hs retail in the US, typically, but they do turn up on ebay from time to time for as little as $50.

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #18 of 54
Quote:

That's what I thought as well, but I managed to destroy my pair within 5 minutes! They were clamping something fierce on my big noggin, so I attempted to stretch them out. The metal band just doesn't have any give in it like you would expect, so no matter how much you try to stretch it out, it just jumps right back to where it was, which is in a vice-like position, exerting way too much pressure on my head.

So I tried a little harder to stretch them, convinced that I would win, and then snap! The metal headband is now busted in two. My fault entirely, and not something anyone with a normal size head would ever encounter because there would be no need to attempt to stretch them out to begin with.

[size=small]
Well, that's definitely gonna delay the big review!
tongue.gif
[/size]

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #19 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small]
Well, that's definitely gonna delay the big review!
tongue.gif
[/size]

Ya, sorry dude. I've been meaning to tell you, but couldn't figure out how best to do so. I need to find out if Beyer sells replacement parts for the DT48E, namely the one that I broke!

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #20 of 54
Quote:

Ya, sorry dude. I've been meaning to tell you, but couldn't figure out how best to do so. I need to find out if Beyer sells replacement parts for the DT48E, namely the one that I broke!

[size=small]
Don't worry about it. Like I said, I was pretty much sold when someone reported that the DT48E out-resolved the AKG K1000. However, I've got to take care of my out-of-state move first before I do anything.
smile_phones.gif
[/size]

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #21 of 54
HD25-1 are very tough.

I carry them to/from work every day in a messenger bag - sometimes overstuffed or poorly packed.

They're my kids' favorite headphones (when they need to 'borrow' a pair). They can be very hard on stuff.

The steel headphone cable doesn't get much respect around the forum - but damn is it durable. My kids are way tough on cables... and they haven't wrecked a steel one yet.

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #22 of 54
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Just a quick summary: Beyerdynamics DJX1s where the most recent casualty, so I'm going to stear clear of Beyerdynamics for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soMn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony MDR-V6s

I broke a pair of these last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gav17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MB Quart QP-805HS

Definitely going to look into these. That vid is bananas! The only MB Quart site I could find was the US site which is all home theatre and car audio. Are there any decent resources for MB Quart so i can at least get a look at the specs?

Nov 24, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #24 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef napalm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely going to look into these. That vid is bananas! The only MB Quart site I could find was the US site which is all home theatre and car audio. Are there any decent resources for MB Quart so i can at least get a look at the specs?

MB Quart QP-805HS Headphones :: TC Electronic, Vantage Controls, Foxtel Digitial,

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #25 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef napalm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a quick summary: Beyerdynamics DJX1s where the most recent casualty, so I'm going to stear clear of Beyerdynamics for a while.

DJX1 isnt exactly good example of the build quality of higher end Beyers...

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #27 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small]Sennheiser HD-25-I/II.[/size]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD-25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD-25 !
smily_headphones1.gif

Sennheiser HD-25 MkIIs were at the top of a list of one prior to starting this thread. I have tried them before, but I prefer circumaural to supra-. They are still in the running. Everything is dependent on price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DJX1 isnt exactly good example of the build quality of higher end Beyers...

Granted. Also, Beyerdynamic (or their canadian distributor) have been great about replacing the DJX1s. Now that I know they're going to break, tho, i might as well think about replacing them with something hardier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MB Quart QP-805HS Headphones :: TC Electronic, Vantage Controls, Foxtel Digitial,

Nice one. That link you gave pointed to the renamed MB Quart: German Maestro. Further, it would appear that the QP-805HS is now named GMP 8.300 D (at least the specs look roughly the same). The question is, "Where would I buy them?"

Nov 24, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #28 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beyerdynamic DT770. If you can break those then you are a walking disaster. THICK plastic cups and metal headbands and all.

Are the yolks spring steel as well? It looks like they are, but I'm not taking anything for granted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back