Toughest headphones?
Nov 27, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #48 of 54
DT770 sound has boosted bass (DEEP bass regions, not that bloomy and thumpy upperbass though there is some of that too) and treble, slightly recessed midrange.

Nov 27, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #49 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DT770 sound has boosted bass (DEEP bass regions, not that bloomy and thumpy upperbass though there is some of that too) and treble, slightly recessed midrange.

Which of the four DT770 models are we talking about here?

Nov 27, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #50 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which of the four DT770 models are we talking about here?

Sorry, forgot to mention it. Mine is DT770 Pro, 80 ohm version. Between the Pro models basic sound signature should be very close, 250ohm possibly having stronger bass. I havent heard newer '05 one (graphs still indicate about strong bass and treble) nor cant remember any comparisons how it differs from Pro models.

Nov 27, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #51 of 54
Only headphone worth mentioning, i've had experience with, is the hd25-1 also..

About Bass clarity, not the best. It is a little boomy and not so tonally accurate. But the cans are rhythmically very involving, and i'm not sure you can do better for that small a can that's closed..
So taking every practical factor into consideration, I'd go with the hd25's.

Still haven't heard the 770's or much others but the hd25's do isolate very well..

-K

Nov 27, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #52 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, forgot to mention it. Mine is DT770 Pro, 80 ohm version. Between the Pro models basic sound signature should be very close, 250ohm possibly having stronger bass. I havent heard newer '05 one (graphs still indicate about strong bass and treble) nor cant remember any comparisons how it differs from Pro models.

In this thread are some comparison between the Pro and the 2005 consumer edition:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/hea...-126-a-373115/

The 2005 consumer edition has a complete different sound sig.
It has a lean bass, good mids, great soundstage, and a lot of treble energy.
The current graphs on HR are not the DT770 consumer edtition, but the DT770 Pro 250 ohm.

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #53 of 54
Jan 6, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #54 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by beamthegreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont know if this is a little bit late to post a reply butI dont think you will ever manage to break this:
Amazon.com: Peltor MT15H69FB-09 Com-Tac II Headset: Home Improvement

Military headset designed for combat. Water and shock resistance. I hope you wont break them.

Haha, that definitely does not count as a headphone!

Well, considering this thread is already bumped, I might as well add this year's new contender; the Shure SRH840.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back