TOTL disappointments
Aug 13, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #226 of 970
Aug 13, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #227 of 970
Have you compared your HEKse to a properly amped Susvara??
Not yet. Moving up the value chain. Maybe next year. Right now I am working on the perfect set up for my Verite Closed. I already own a TT2 and looking to pair it with an AmpsandSound Tube amp. Probably a Forge.

Aug 13, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #228 of 970
Did you experiment with pads?

No, I’m quite happy with default pads, I also removed the grills but didn’t find so much change (soundstage for example) so I came back.

HE6se is quite a very good headphone, my prefered, he didn’t have any obvious defaults: it is very technical, linear but yet very musical with a great sense of rythm.

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #229 of 970
No, I’m quite happy with default pads, I also removed the grills but didn’t find so much change (soundstage for example) so I came back.

HE6se is quite a very good headphone, my prefered, he didn’t have any obvious defaults: it is very technical, linear but yet very musical with a great sense of rythm.
I just got V2 and happy with it as is. Someone recommended Sundara/Susvara pads for slight improvement in upper midrange. But like you, I like them just the way they are. Killer for the money, if you can get them on special.

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #230 of 970
I just got V2 and happy with it as is. Someone recommended Sundara/Susvara pads for slight improvement in upper midrange. But like you, I like them just the way they are. Killer for the money, if you can get them on special.

Yes, at the Adorama price, v2 can definitely be end game and you have to spend way way more to have some improvement.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #231 of 970
Yes, at the Adorama price, v2 can definitely be end game and you have to spend way way more to have some improvement.
Agree. (Given that amplifier requirements are met)

Aug 21, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #233 of 970
Primaluna EVO 400i….literally blew a tube and a fuse upon trying it with my Susvara’s for the first time. Played great with my efficient HP’s. Don’t make the same mistake I did.

Aug 21, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #234 of 970
Primaluna EVO 400i….literally blew a tube and a fuse upon trying it with my Susvara’s for the first time. Played great with my efficient HP’s. Don’t make the same mistake I did.

Did you use it with a speaker interface/resistor box?

Aug 21, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #235 of 970
No, through the headphone output.

Aug 21, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #236 of 970
Sounds like a simply faulty unit if the protection did not kick in.

Well, or a faulty tube which would explain a bit more.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #237 of 970
Hopefully. Still waiting to hear from dealer on what to do.

Aug 21, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #238 of 970
Hopefully. Still waiting to hear from dealer on what to do.
Their protection scheme is quite good so you should be ok likely need a good tube or perhaps a slightly different rated fuse.

Good luck.

Aug 21, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #239 of 970

Sounds like a simply faulty unit if the protection did not kick in.

Well, or a faulty tube which would explain a bit more.

Yea that's what I was going to mention, probably (and hopefully) just a faulty tube. In either case good luck, I know it's never fun dealing with these things.

Aug 21, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #240 of 970
I'm still assessing it, but a certain expensive German headphone is approaching disappointment status for me. I'm still breaking it in, so I'm not gonna call it a full disappointment yet, but these headphones are definitely approaching that. It's mainly due to it's absolute failure with hip-hop and songs with a steady, low and deep bass line.

Whatever, it's easy to drive, and does everything else pretty well, but it doesn't have any aspects that differentiate itself from other headphones. I'm going to give it a few more weeks, and then we'll see if I keep it out sell it. :thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back