Totaldac D1-Dual Impressions Thread
Jul 25, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #62 of 78
Here is a review of the new TotalDAC D1-Tube MK2.

I wonder how it sound compared to the D1-Dual.  

I hope it sound better, because for the same price, it looses the headphone-out and the Balanced out (YES it is SE only) of the D1-Dual ! 

Jul 25, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #63 of 78
What I understood about the MK2 is that TotalDAC is targeting owners of SS amps who are seeking to add warmth to their setup.

Being SE shows that balanced designs aren't necessary top sounding experiences. Remembers me Amedeo Schembri of Viva argumentation.

Jul 26, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #64 of 78
  What I understood about the MK2 is that TotalDAC is targeting owners of SS amps who are seeking to add warmth to their setup.

Being SE shows that balanced designs aren't necessary top sounding experiences. Remembers me Amedeo Schembri of Viva argumentation.

So... a TotalDac Tube MkII + VIVA EGOISTA 845 should be TOP ! 

Jul 26, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #65 of 78
About Dual and MK2, some leads from Vincent:

J'utilise bien des ampli à triode 845 sur des enceintes, mais je ne connais pas l'Egoista pour casque.
A mon avis le d1-dual comme le d1-tube-mk2 devraient convenir. Il faudra par contre les adaptateurs XLR-RCA pour le d1-dual si l'Egoista n'a que des entrées RCA.
Ensuite pour affiner un accord ça peut dépendre aussi du casque. Plus l'ensemble aura besoin d'un son triode plus il y aura intérêt au d1-tube-mk2. Si on contraire on a besoin de maximiser la dynamique et l'information, en restant sur un son naturel ça penchera + sur le d1-dual.
Ce n'est pas la question mais par exemple sur les gros casques Stax je préfère plutôt le d1-dual.

Jul 27, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #66 of 78
  About Dual and MK2, some leads from Vincent:

Ce n'est pas la question mais par exemple sur les gros casques Stax je préfère plutôt le d1-dual.

moi aussi

Aug 3, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #67 of 78
I just got the new quad core cubox board from Vincent for the D1-server. It was easy to install. I never thought the already fantastic sounding server could be so much better - simply stunning. The server (with the reclocker) really lifts the D1-Dual to another level.

Aug 5, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #69 of 78
I received mine bubble wrapped in a double carton box as specified on the totaldac website. You can find a user manual for the remote control and usb driver installation here: http://www.totaldac.com/use_note.htm

Aug 5, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #70 of 78
Thank you very much!
beerchug.gif

Going to burn in
L3000.gif

Aug 7, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #73 of 78

If I'm not mistaken, @bmichels is going to audition the CAD in the near future. I know he already listenend to the TotalDAC on a few occasions.

YEP, I will be at CAD place on August 28th for an audition of their DAC & CAT Server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back