Totaldac D1-Dual Impressions Thread
Jun 7, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #33 of 78
  http://peter.family-rill.de/Projekte/Stax-Transformator

thansk.  is it a DIY project to built yourself or can you buy it ?   Is it really better than the WOO WEE ?

Jun 7, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #36 of 78
You can order it by Peter Rill (or upgraded Version by a friend of mine) . As i said it depends on an amplifier

Price of Peter Ril's version and of the "upgraded" version ?

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #39 of 78
  With the addition of the re clocker the Dual 1 is now more open, detailed, dynamic and laser beamed focused. In particular, it creates a larger, more 3-dimensional stage, where each image is more clearly defined.

With the extra openness and detail, it’s able to more clearly separate complex sounds. I feel these improvements are across the frequency spectrum

You have a seriously nice (and broad) setup!

Which is your favourite combination of amp and cans?

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #41 of 78
Jun 11, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #43 of 78
Ah okay yes when the BHSE arrives. Let's see.

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #44 of 78
hi folks,

i have a few questions about squeezing more goodness out of a dac that is so good i wonder how it can be made better (but always willing to try!)

i currently use the sotm sms-100 (battery powered) to run usb into the totaldac d1-dual.

while the server/reclocker sounds wonderful, i'm wondering if we (collectively) have any view on what aspect may be the most beneficial.
1.  reclocking
2.  aes/ebu vs. usb into dac

has anyone compared aes/ebu vs. usb into the dac?  does Vincent have a preferred input (with his server?  without his server?)

thanks

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #45 of 78
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?6905-Totaldac-Reference-D1&p=322213&viewfull=1#post322213

Looks like Vincent just answered one of my questions yesterday (AES/EBU input is his recommendation)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back