Torpedo III Build Thread
Oct 31, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #78 of 322
What's the height constraint on the parafeed caps? Distance between pcb and case top?

Forgive the question. I'm sure you've got many more important things to worry about ;D

Site looks good.

The BOM has a note on the top line under the headings - "all parts limited to 48mm high."  The PCB  is placed into the second slot on the custom Context/Beezar case.  It measures closer to 49mm in the CAD file, but I wouldn't push it. 
wink.gif

Thanks!

Oct 31, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #79 of 322

Great new website

Is the E80cc a tube option for the TIII?

Thanks!

No.  The E80CC is a 7-pin tube.  The Torpedo III uses the 9-pin 12A*7 tube family.  I believe the E80CC is one of the finest 7-pin tubes ever made, but rest assured, there is equivalent (or superior) quality in the 12A*7 family.  There is probably no other tube family in audio that has as much availability or different equivalents available.

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #81 of 322

Thanks!

No.  The E80CC is a 7-pin tube.  The Torpedo III uses the 9-pin 12A*7 tube family.  I believe the E80CC is one of the finest 7-pin tubes ever made, but rest assured, there is equivalent (or superior) quality in the 12A*7 family.  There is probably no other tube family in audio that has as much availability or different equivalents available.

E80cc is 9 pin and is often used as a substitute for 12au7 you might have been thinking about a different tube.

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #82 of 322

Thanks!

E80cc is 9 pin and is often used as a substitute for 12au7 you might have been thinking about a different tube.

Sorry - I got confused with the E90CC, which we have used in the Torpedo I for quite awhile.

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #83 of 322
Yep.. I'm interested to know if the t3 can run e80cc optimally, too.. Wonderful tube in the right circuit.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #87 of 322
  Might be a good time to checkout beezar.com: http://www.beezar.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=166

wink.gif
wink.gif

Please keep in mind that I only have 5 pairs of Cinemags.  Doug is having more produced, but it may be awhile before they arrive.  Also, as we stated before, the Cinemags are only there for options with Torpedo III kits right now (because of the limited stock).  There is a separate product listing for the Cinemags, but it will show "Out Of Stock" if you try to add it to a shopping cart.

There should be plenty of Edcors.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #89 of 322
Whoa!

I guess I should also explain about a limitation with the Beezar store.  It will not deprecate the stock when an item is shown as an option.  I will keep an eye on it, but it may result in someone purchasing a Torpedo III after the Cinemags run out.

There are only two (2) pair left right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back