Toronto Winter/Spring Meet
May 14, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #106 of 250
Hey all, just got myself a beta22, don't really have a DAC (Using a UD100) or nice headphones (All aluminum magnums sound very sibilant on them, the modded Fostex are great, but I don't see those as nice enough) to match up with it, but would definitely bring them to the meet when it's on.

May 14, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #107 of 250
  Hey all, just got myself a beta22, don't really have a DAC (Using a UD100) or nice headphones (All aluminum magnums sound very sibilant on them, the modded Fostex are great, but I don't see those as nice enough) to match up with it, but would definitely bring them to the meet when it's on.

Would totally love to see your Beta22! Bring it by and I hope you don't hate me for grabbing a screwdriver to look at it. :)

I'm sure there will be many headphones to try with your system.

May 14, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #108 of 250

Did you build it yourself or have it built?  I would be very curious to have a look-see as well :)

May 15, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #109 of 250
I bought it second hand.

There's obvious hiss when the amp was at mute.  I will try to turn on the volume but stop the music to see if there is hiss.

Haven't even checked what the gain is.  I would eventually want to make it a 5x, so I will have to bust it open myself anyways.  I will bring my multimeter along so we can all try to dissect the thing on the day of the meet.

If anyone has an HD650, Alpha Dog (shouldn't have sold mine so early) or the HE500, please bring it along.  I would love to see how the b22 drives them.

May 15, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #110 of 250
  I bought it second hand.

There's obvious hiss when the amp was at mute.  I will try to turn on the volume but stop the music to see if there is hiss.

Haven't even checked what the gain is.  I would eventually want to make it a 5x, so I will have to bust it open myself anyways.  I will bring my multimeter along so we can all try to dissect the thing on the day of the meet.

If anyone has an HD650, Alpha Dog (shouldn't have sold mine so early) or the HE500, please bring it along.  I would love to see how the b22 drives them.

Hey  my friend - I'll bring by my HE-560 (current HE Audio favorite).  I'd love to hear what the Beta22 does with them.

May 18, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #111 of 250
Hope its not to late for me to jump in on this. Would love to attend another meet (probably the wife as well .... yes upgraded from gf to wife from the last meet).

Hopefully we can get a date set soon!

May 18, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #112 of 250
Hope its not to late for me to jump in on this. Would love to attend another meet (probably the wife as well .... yes upgraded from gf to wife from the last meet).

Hopefully we can get a date set soon!

She's going to hit you with the rolling pin when she reads this! :D

May 18, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #113 of 250
Holy crap, I'd LOVE to hear a B22!!!!

May 18, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #114 of 250
I'm still in depending on which weekend in June. I just got a new pair of headphones too!

Hopefully someone will have a woo7, a crack and a little dot for me to try with them.

*edit new headphone is a 650*

May 19, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #116 of 250
She's going to hit you with the rolling pin when she reads this!
biggrin.gif

LOL, same fine lady that was my GF is my Wife .... the last meet i was at was over 2 years ago with her.

And since she watched my type that and no rolling pin came flying at me i should be ok 
wink.gif

May 19, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #117 of 250
LOL, same fine lady that was my GF is my Wife .... the last meet i was at was over 2 years ago with her.

And since she watched my type that and no rolling pin came flying at me i should be ok :wink:  

LOL!
Congratulations on your wedding!
May you have many happy years together.................or should I say "live long and prosper", because we really are just a bunch of total geeks. :D

May 19, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #118 of 250
Congrats on the new wife!  Now more money for keeping her happy, less for keeping you happy :)

Anyways, got the HE-500, saw a good deal and jumped at it.  Will bring that along with the b22 during the meeting.

Now .... I have to get a source, wouldn't mind some recommendations here though (limited budget, I am broke after these two big purchases, thinking of liquidating some gear).

May 19, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #120 of 250
@charliex - Would LOVE to hear the HE-560, although that means I will be lusting after another headphone I can't afford.

It's dangerous hanging around you and listening to your gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back