Toronto Meet - Sunday March 6th
Mar 4, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #152 of 231
Hey guys, I have a request from one of you - unfortunately I'm having problems with the Buffalo2 build and cannot finish it for this meet so I will be needing a DAC with USB input or a DAC with S/PDIF input an a USB-S/PDIF converter.  If anybody has an extra DAC they could lend me for the duration of the meet, it would be greatly appreciated.  Otherwise, I'll just have to use the AlienDAC, but it really doesn't do justice to the rest of the setup.

Mar 4, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #153 of 231
Hi guys,

I suddenly got an emergency meeting to finish up my university project on whole Sunday, so I don't think I can make it anymore (really wished this didn't happen). However, if you guys really want to try out or use the iBasso D10 Amp/DAC or my DNA cable dock-mini, I could stop by earlier than noon and drop it off for you guys to try for the day or until FallenAngel is available for me to come by and pick it back up.

I promise that I will try my best to attend the next meet up though.

btw, @ FallenAngel, I'm not sure how powerful a DAC you need, but the D10 does work as a DAC alone and it's pretty strong.

Mar 4, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #154 of 231
I'm actually without a proper source as mine is pc-tower based, I'd be interested in hearing the D10 for sure

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #159 of 231
Hi guys, some family stuff came up that I'll have to attend on Sunday so I won't make it. Sorry Pavel it just came up today so I couldn't let you know sooner. Thank you for organizing this event. :frowning2: Last one was awesome.

Have fun guys.

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #160 of 231
Yea, I'll have my laptop with me, as I'll be looking at a headroom microdac to possibly purchase, and hope theres a udac2 there to listen to.  I just mean that I cant really hook up an emu0404pci to a laptop, so I'm looking for a usb source

Mar 5, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #161 of 231
Quote:

I will be bringing my HE-5 and EF5, sadly, the W10vtgs were sold the other week... Here's to my tax return likely going down the drain soon after the meet!

Sweet - I'm very psyched to try the HE-5/EF5 combo out! (And hey, I wouldn't say "no" to hearing the HE-6's either!)

Mar 5, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #164 of 231
I will be there, and will bring some of my gear, but think I won't bring the Logitech SB3 unless someone really wants to hear it.  I will bring my modded SR60i's for the recable, the stock MS1i's, my iTouch and an LOD.  Looking forward to it guys!  I will have the heat gun too, but that is less fun to listen to!

Mar 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #165 of 231
Thank you for the invite Fallen Angel but unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I'd love to attend to see old Head-fi friends again and listen to some new gear. Looking forward to the impressions & pics after the meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back