Toronto Meet - Sunday March 6th
Feb 8, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #31 of 231
I'd like to come, and possibly bring like 3 people with me.

I can bring

hd650's
LA FIGARO 332S, can bring 2 if needed
AKG K701

Feb 8, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #32 of 231
How "possibly" is "possibly"?  I personally don't mind at all, though I would like to make sure that there is enough room for all members who want to make it to the meet (security restrictions at about 30 as a maximum).  So far there's lots of room, but last time we had more than half of the crowd confirm in the last few days.

I'll put you down for +3 and we'll see how everything goes from there.

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #33 of 231
I'd like to come with another member, he has not yet posted however. I cannot bring anything of big influence. I however hope to carefully compare introductory phones such as the AD700 and MS1i for a purchasing decision. Many other binary areas of headphones I have only seen one side of; SS/tube, dynamic/electrostat... Specifically want to check out the "tube sound" and whether I like it before making an amp.

Something that would be cool to compare would be a silver-cabled headphone with its copper original. This is apparently one rather audible difference in the realm of cables.

I understand the person limit so it is hard to ask being relatively unknown. I assume >30 close-knit members exist who would take priority. With a month left lets see how it evolves.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #35 of 231
i'll be coming, can someone point out the exact address again?
i've been trying to read the other thread and could only find that its at a condo at yonge and finch.
anyways, ill be bringing : westone 2, westone um2, triple fi, creative aurvana live, fischer audio 003

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #38 of 231
Maybe mark me down as a +1 as well. My friend who came last time (the dude pretty interested in DIY and stuff) might come. I'll have to let you know closer to the time for sure. If he comes he'd probably bring his nuforce HDP and K701.

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #40 of 231
I hate to do this, but put me down as a maybe as well.

My work is bein a pita because its  couple days before inventory.

If i come ill bring a denon cd player, my maveric D1 and grado rs2is

Feb 11, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #41 of 231
From reading the posts, it looks like we have loads of people wanting to attend...but very little gear has been mentioned.
I sure hope that we don't get 30 people lined up to hear the couple of headphones listed so far.  And sorry, but please
- enough with the tried and true 650's.  They are welcome, but some O2's would be terrific with a KGSS or Blue Hawaii.
Some Joe Grados would be nice or even an HD 800.  Anyone out there with a MDR-R10, or some Qualias or even
an HE-60 or 90.  My apologies - I'm not trying to be a prude or whatever, it's just that it would be nice if we had more
members bringing some surprise listening experiences.  However, I guess that once we've had some of the fine scotch
mentioned, all my lame ramblings will soon be forgotten.
PS - I can't bring all that I did last time, so if you can help me decide what you'd like to hear - let me know.
Should be a great time!!

Feb 11, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #42 of 231
There's gotta be more interesting gear in the GTA :) I will keep you guys posted on my attendance. If I come I can provide any of the gear listed in my signature.

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #45 of 231

Quote:
CharlieX, I didn't record gear in first post, laziness mostly.
xand1x, bring the K340, fun headphones when driven properly, and I'd love to see the Dynahi, mine was fun to build.

I actually own your dynahi now! (The black par metal case with Sigma 22)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back