Toronto Meet - Sunday April 8th
Mar 17, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #21 of 141
Of course I'll be there - wouldn't miss another FallenAngel meet!
Are you still at the same address as last time?
Shoot me a confirmation.

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #22 of 141
I'm in. Is anyone bringing an Ultrasone? There weren't any last time, and I'd like to try out this S-Logic voodoo for myself. I'll probably test drive the Pro 2900 at HEADFONEshop (Yonge/Lawrence) in the next couple of days. If I like it, I'll pull the trigger and bring it to the meet.

Also, someone please bring in more banana popsicles! They were great last time  ^^

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #24 of 141

Quote:
What time will it be at?  I might be able to go if it's earlier in the day.  I suppose everyone's going to be home with the family for easter, that's why the list is so small?

There's more people signed up than the number who actually show up. When I went last year, which was my first meet, there were only about 20 people. Honestly, that's about a good enough number to get to know everyone.

An issue I had with the last meet was there were only about 4 or so listening stations for the 20 people because of the limited sources (a.k.a. number of laptops), so the majority of the people actually didn't spend too much time listening. One of the stations had multiple headphones plugged into the amp, which was a bit of a problem: I couldn't raise the volume of charliex's K1000 too much because the LCD2 was also plugged into it. (The LCD2 would've been blasted) =(

I think the only way to really guarantee that you'll use almost all the time to listen is to bring your own source and just swap headphones around. I didn't do that last time, so I'll be sure to do it this time around.

Mar 18, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #26 of 141
Most headphones are in russia, but I guess I could bring in some cheaper ones. And if the lottery is for a amp buy like 10 or 20 tickets =P

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #27 of 141
Updated list.

The most likely candidates for the raffle is an amp I built to be small form factor, stationary-powered and designed to drive most headphones (sort of a jack of all trades except IEMs), and perhaps some custom cables, depending on what parts I have around that suits the most useful purpose (instead of very specific roles).

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #28 of 141
Sorry guys, cant join have to pull out.  You guys enjoy.  Hope to join the next one.

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #30 of 141
I can bring sennheiser hd598 hd600 hd800

I had Grado GS1000i and. PS1000 somewhere in Canada and items - westone 4r.

But can't get any amps, sine I dont have a car :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back