Toronto meet on November 20th!
Nov 16, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #63 of 86
Monoglycer - it would be great if you run your laptop through some of the various other amps as well, I think we have quite the collection of amps but fewer sources (as generally happens with these meets).  Of course it's totally at your discretion.
Zida - bring the friend :)

We are reaching maximum capacity for the meet, if you have plans to attend, security will have a check on who's signed up so to make everything hassle-free, make sure to post that you're coming!

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #65 of 86
I'm a go. Count me and a friend (his username here is mrpham) are coming, plus another friend who's giving us a ride, if that's fine with you, FallenAngel. I'll be bringing: Laptop, CA DACMagic, KICAS, Denon D5000, Beyer DT770/600 and DT880/32. I'll also have my pair of Turbine Coppers. If anyone wants me to bring the HF-2s too, I'm willing to pack it along.

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #67 of 86
Not a problem FallenAngel.  I am definitely planning on attending (and looking forward to the meet),
but if you are need of space for others I can give up my confirmation if needed and wait for
another meet in the new year.
Bryan

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #69 of 86

[size=medium]
Quote:
Not a problem FallenAngel.  I am definitely planning on attending (and looking forward to the meet),
but if you are need of space for others I can give up my confirmation if needed and wait for
another meet in the new year.
Bryan

Oh, absolutely not!  :wink: I want everybody there and having fun!

DNT - you're on the list too. :)
[/size]

Nov 18, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #70 of 86
Sorry to do this but can you take me off, it turns out that my appointment was moved on saturday in such a way that i will not be able to attend.Maybe next time for me.

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #74 of 86
Guys, a reminder of proper meet etiquette.

First the "obvious" ground rules:
1) Be sure your head is clean, no gel or other hair products.
2) Always ask before borrowing equipment.
3) If you have not used some gear before, please ask owner before using - some CD players are loaded upside down, some amps must always have a load (headphone) connected, others must be turned on without headphones (or with) - when in doubt, please ask.  And of course, always turn the volume to 0 before plugging/unplugging headphones - a few $1000+ Beta22's have been burned at meets when this is forgotten.

Now on to the smaller things:

1) Please bring a power bar, they are always in demand and there can never be enough.
2) Adapters are useful... and they are easily misplaced.  This happens all the time, remember to bring all the adapters you need (1/4" - mini, mini - 1/4", mini - rca, rca - xlr, 3-pin - 4pin xlr, etc).

See you all there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back