Toronto meet on November 20th!
Nov 15, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #46 of 86
There will be absolutely no underage drinking at this or any other event organized by me.  Seriously though guys, this is a HEADPHONE meet, not a kegger, lets stay on track.

Quote:
Quote:
I would love to attend, but would feel very out of place since I'm only 18 and quite a beginner when it comes to headphones and the like.

If it's any consolation, I'm fourteen :D 

No, it's probably not.  But don't worry, you won't really care once you've had a drink (actually, I think the legal age is nineteen).

Nov 15, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #47 of 86
I'll bring iced tea :wink:

I wasn't speaking for myself, it was merely a joke for the 18 year-old fellow who was worried about being out of place.  I'm trying to lighten things up so that he knows he's in good company :)

Nov 15, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #48 of 86
Hello there sir,

i just registerd today here.and was just searching for toronto and bumped into this thread,i was wondering if i could participate in this meet up as i am planing to make some future purchases and would be a great way to get to know certain headphones ...and at the same time to meet up a few fellow enthusiasts . its a wonderful job you are doing by organizing this
i could bring my Stanton Dynaphase fifty\s and Sennheiser HD420 sl's with me

thank you in advance
Bandara

Nov 15, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #51 of 86
Yep, looks like there's room for a couple more. 
smily_headphones1.gif

The building security will probably not like me much after this event. 
tongue.gif

Canuck57 - Please bring the DX1000, they're always an awesome phone to have.  The Darths are always a treat as well (I think I've owned like 6 different ones so far, they're just too fun).  Of course anything and everything else is welcome, but I'd love to get to hear those 2 the most. :)

Nov 16, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #53 of 86
Hey Paval – I’m quite looking forward to the meet … but, if I may make a suggestion, and also voice my qualms and queries after reading some recent posts. First – a suggestion.  How about a mandatory entrance requirement – that all attendees get a picture taken while wearing the infamous Jedklin floats.  Hopefully we’ll have a couple of meet photographers, after all,  our fellow Head-Fi guys and gals deserve such a visual treat in the meets/get togethers thread.
And now on to my qualms and queries.
Fourteen years of age?? Not being a prude, but I’m like 4 times that, and I teach that age group, yada yada yada, and just hope we’re not going to end up devolving into a Skullcandy jamboree.  
Kegger? Booze fest? ….. Now I most certainly wouldn’t pass on a Chivas neat, but come on, I hope that this isn’t viewed as an excuse to get hammered on a Saturday afternoon  - it’s a headphone meet!  There’s going to be thousands of dollars of high end gear, a time for an aural odyssey not befuddled inebriation. 
Quite looking forward to a venerable venue!
On a more direct note - how are we shaping up in terms of sources /amplification etc. etc.  Are we going to have enough gear there to set up an Orthodynamic table, a dedicated Stax area, IEM's, etc etc
In additon to a few of my headphones should I be bringing my T1, KH 1000 and other Schitt ?

Nov 16, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #54 of 86

Quote:
Yep, looks like there's room for a couple more. 
smily_headphones1.gif

The building security will probably not like me much after this event. 
tongue.gif

Canuck57 - Please bring the DX1000, they're always an awesome phone to have.  The Darths are always a treat as well (I think I've owned like 6 different ones so far, they're just too fun).  Of course anything and everything else is welcome, but I'd love to get to hear those 2 the most. :)

Great thanks, I'm REALLY anxious to hear the HP-2s! I'll bring the DX1000 & Darths for sure, probably my LD MK VI+, HE5, T1, CD3000 (stock & Headphile) and have Glenfiditch 18 & Lagavulin 16 for tasting!

I'll donate towards the cause. I think we should all pay the host $10, whatever, to cover the cost of the meet!

Nov 16, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #55 of 86
charliex : Your concerns are duly noted, I have updated the first post to stress some things.  A photography reminder is great, thanks!  So far we're might still be a little thin on sources (as usual with most meets :p), but it's not unreasonable, though some splitters would be nice as well.

Canuck57 : I have had great past experience with the raffles, if everybody goes with at least 1-2 tickets, room should be covered, of course it's quite common for some like to have a better chance to win and get 4 tickets

Notices
I have not had any problems with having a small bar at the meets before, I hope that this trend will continue.  This is after all a privately organized headphone meet, not an open to everybody bar.  There will be security at the door, you will have to sign in, you are expected to wear a name tag with forum and real name. :)  As a general rule regarding drinks, obviously don't create any possibility of having it spill or leave it anywhere.

We have quite a collection of gear set up so far, I'm not sure whether we want to split it up by category (or have enough for that), but for those who have a lot of gear to set up, please come early (at noon would be great), to set up, there is somewhat limited table space.

Nov 16, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #56 of 86
I would like to come, but would only be able to show up at around 430 due to other stuff i have to attent. Would this be ok or should i wait till the next meet?

Nov 16, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #57 of 86

Quote:
Fourteen years of age?? Not being a prude, but I’m like 4 times that, and I teach that age group, yada yada yada, and just hope we’re not going to end up devolving into a Skullcandy jamboree. 

Charliex, I fully appreciate your concern but can't help but feel a little offended; I've been a fellow head-fier for over a year and a half now.  I'm very well-versed in the ways of our community and would consider myself a serious listener with a critical ear.  Up until about a week ago, I had invested around $1400 into my headphone rig (HiFiMAN 602, Grado HF2, RSA P-51 Mustang).   All on a $10 weekly allowance
biggrin.gif

While that's a bit of a digression, rest assured that I will do my best to ensure that my contributions to the meet will only be positive.

Nov 16, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #59 of 86
I don't know how full we're getting, but I think a friend of mine wants to attend. I'm not sure if he has any gear to share anymore, but he has been interested in hi-fi longer than I have. If we'll have room for him I'll bring him.

Nov 16, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #60 of 86
Ill put down that Ill be there tentatively.

Id be bringing:

Macbook -> Maverick D1 -> Grado RS2i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back