Toronto meet on November 20th!
Nov 9, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #17 of 86
Wooooooooooooo

I'm just east down the road from you (Warden & Finch area), but I'm working that Saturday. I'm going to see if I can drop the shift and make it out, I know Charlie definitely has a few pieces of gear I'd like to give a listen to!

If I can drop work, I'd be happy to bring my W10vtg, HE-5 and EF5.

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #19 of 86
Tentatively, I'll be there, I might have school project commitments that prevent me from coming, but hopefully not. If I come I'll be bringing:

Little Dot mk III
HD650
Alessandro MS1i (If anyone wants to buy these, let me know, I'm considering selling them)
Earsonics SM3

Does anyone have an audio gd DAC? I'm trying to decide what DAC to buy and they're all but revered here.

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #20 of 86
I could bring a laptop audio-gd compass dac/amp and hd 600, I have a few pairs of ear shure and hk ear buds too, but they don't sounds right anymore probably need to be cleaned/repaired or rma'd

Nov 9, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #21 of 86
Saturday is a hard sell for me, my wife works in the afternoon and
I have childcare duty.

If I can swing it I can bring my desktop with SP/DIF (Coax), USB and a large
music collection in FLAC. Played through Foobar and WASAPI.
Other equipment...
Cowon D2+
PCM1793 DAC
Szekeres VE3
Bravo tube amp (Heavily Modified)
Several battery portable amps.
Maybe a PCM2704 USB DAC if I finish it
and it works...

Nov 9, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #22 of 86

Quote:
If possible, I will try to look for my SRM1 mkII to complement it if you don't mind. Just got back to Canada so things are all over the place. >"< Unless somebody offers to bring a BHSE and I will go crazy. ^^

Darksyde: Can you please bring your hm-602 (if you still have it)? I'm so curious about the DAP 'cause of all the talks in recent months. Thanks.

DNT,

I would bring the 602 if I still had it, but it's probably still 40 000 feet in the air over some remote area... sorry.

It's a fine source, if I may say so myself
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #23 of 86
I'll be coming as well. I'll bring Cambridge Audio DacMagic, a small DIY tube amp and a bunch of headphones (K701, HD650, DT990, W5000, maybe other...).
Hey Oriel, would you have a spare Caliente I could use?

Thanks FallenAngel for organizing the meet!
smily_headphones1.gif

Peter

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #25 of 86
Me and a friend are tentative, but if we are showing up, I'll be dragging the DT770/600 and HF-2s, and my friend should be able to bring a pair of D5000s.

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #28 of 86

Quote:
No need to feel embarrassed about any gear, there are usually at least a few people who don't bring any and want to just sample others!  I barely even listen to the gear at meets anymore, unless it's something custom and crazy, just like chatting with people in the hobby, sharing information and generally having a good time.

d.n.d. : Bring the M3, always a great amp to have at a meet

finee lol but only because your HP1000s will be there so i can hear what they sound like paired up.

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #29 of 86
Looks like a number of new and old peeps comin' out to the meet - should be fun!
Hey 'Ujamerstand' puhleeese bring the 507's and you'd make my day if you could
bring your hybrid eXStata since I am currently waiting on mine and would love to
hear what I have been so anticipating~!!
Again, I'd appreciate knowing what I should bring as there's way too much to
cart up an elevator - check my signature and let me know.
And to repeat an appeal from the meets host - looks like we're gonna be
needing some sources and power bars - more so on the sources, so please
have a look at what you can muster up to help out there.
Be seeing you all soon...

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #30 of 86

Quote:
I'll be coming as well. I'll bring Cambridge Audio DacMagic, a small DIY tube amp and a bunch of headphones (K701, HD650, DT990, W5000, maybe other...).
Hey Oriel, would you have a spare Caliente I could use?

Thanks FallenAngel for organizing the meet!
smily_headphones1.gif

Peter

Peter, I'll bring the template amp to use, although it won't be burnt in as I've already packed away all my audio equipment for the move.  

I'll also bring an extra DVD player as a source for those who want.  Sorry, it's all i've got extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back