Toranku's Thoughts and Reviews (and target EQ filters!)
Oct 24, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #1,456 of 1,546
Thanks @toranku ! I really value most of the information you have shared in this thread so far in itself !

Oct 24, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #1,457 of 1,546
U end your game with sh3 and ce6? Congrats. I myself sold a lot of iems. Bought back er2se because it's too good to not have one. That will be my go-to iem.

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #1,459 of 1,546
I truly get the most out of this forum vs the other ones on this site. Thanks @toranku. If you're happy to share any info on your other enterprises, maybe we could support you.

Dec 7, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #1,460 of 1,546
FWIW, while I always value your input, @toranku, when I post a question on this general IEM thread, I’m really looking for answers/responses from anyone who follows this thread. We all go through phases from extreme interest (perhaps obsession) to little interest/being too busy with life, so we can’t expect anyone to remain UTD with the hobby at all times, unless it is a job for them.

Thank you. I've something cooking in the pipeline related to audio. You may see something interesting popping out in Q3 2021 or so. I've thought long and hard about monetizing this hobby of mine, and I know doing so will erase all my previous credibility as a reviewer. From now on I will refrain from making impressions, comments or reviews about other manufacturers as I am likely going to be one soon.

Some of my readers would be disappointed with this choice I am making right now - but I've decided that this is my path to take as part of my own journey in audio.

Thanks @toranku ! I really value most of the information you have shared in this thread so far in itself !

Thank you! I appreciate all your kind words. Fortunately I would say that we are in the "golden era" of reviews. There are many reviewers out there that I hold a lot of respect for. I am particularly fond of @Precogvision's content since he is much more eloquent than I am.

U end your game with sh3 and ce6? Congrats. I myself sold a lot of iems. Bought back er2se because it's too good to not have one. That will be my go-to iem.

To be frank nowadays I use any of my IEMs, I just throw on a personal EQ and don't think so much about the gear itself. I've been on a journey to discover more music rather than checking out whether my own gear can produce intricacies in music I am already extremely familiar with.

I truly get the most out of this forum vs the other ones on this site. Thanks @toranku. If you're happy to share any info on your other enterprises, maybe we could support you.

I am also starting a boot business for the local market :p

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Dec 9, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #1,462 of 1,546
Pre-order when?
I bet it's gonna be Tork target and collaborated local sg brand if he wanna keep everything under his control. Though ill be looking forward to see the result.

Dec 10, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #1,463 of 1,546
Wow using the toranku eq with my qudelix 5k and jvcs drop fdx1 and wow! This thing can be seriously impressive and I've been using mest for my daily listening. (I did add more mid bass compared to yours and it really slams.) This makes me want to try the ex1000 with eq...

I look forward to your new project but I'll miss your short and honest writing.

Dec 10, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #1,464 of 1,546
Wow using the toranku eq with my qudelix 5k and jvcs drop fdx1 and wow! This thing can be seriously impressive and I've been using mest for my daily listening. (I did add more mid bass compared to yours and it really slams.) This makes me want to try the ex1000 with eq...

I look forward to your new project but I'll miss your short and honest writing.
Thanks for the reminder. I really do need to try out his PEQ settings with the 5K.

Dec 10, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #1,465 of 1,546
I've something cooking in the pipeline related to audio. You may see something interesting popping out in Q3 2021 or so. I've thought long and hard about monetizing this hobby of mine, and I know doing so will erase all my previous credibility as a reviewer. From now on I will refrain from making impressions, comments or reviews about other manufacturers as I am likely going to be one soon.

Some of my readers would be disappointed with this choice I am making right now - but I've decided that this is my path to take as part of my own journey in audio.
Best wishes on your future audio endeavors! We’ll certainly keep watching. FWIW, I don’t think it erases any of your credibility. As long as you are transparent regarding your possible biases, if you continue to evaluate products and post impressions in the manner you have been all along, I don’t see any reason for you to lose credibility. In fact, IMO, I would really like to continue to read your impressions of other products whenever you have the time to evaluate and post.

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #1,466 of 1,546
Best wishes on your future audio endeavors! We’ll certainly keep watching. FWIW, I don’t think it erases any of your credibility. As long as you are transparent regarding your possible biases, if you continue to evaluate products and post impressions in the manner you have been all along, I don’t see any reason for you to lose credibility. In fact, IMO, I would really like to continue to read your impressions of other products whenever you have the time to evaluate and post.

I think the point is if he becomes a MoT (member of the trade), Head-Fi have very strict rules on passing comment on any gear that isn't linked to his company (i.e an IEM manufacturer isn't allowed to review other IEM maker's gear).

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #1,467 of 1,546
I think the point is if he becomes a MoT (member of the trade), Head-Fi have very strict rules on passing comment on any gear that isn't linked to his company (i.e an IEM manufacturer isn't allowed to review other IEM maker's gear).
Ahhh gotcha! Thanks for clarifying for me. Then I guess it would have to be through other venues if he so chooses.

Dec 14, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #1,469 of 1,546

Users who are viewing this thread

Back