TOPPING unveiled a brand new setup -A30PRO & D30PRO
Mar 3, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #16 of 64
Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #17 of 64
Not everyone has broad budgets like some of us for audio. Needless to say I personally think they could’ve been cheaper as well, price wise it’s not far off from a D90/A90 combo that performs on another level.

As for the a30pro. It's performance doesn't seem to be too different from the a90, so I guess it's priced well. And yes it's a shocker that companies raise prices after they've consolidated their market position.

FYI, the A30 Pro is not a balanced amp.

It's a single-ended design, but it has balanced output jacks for user convenience. This is why its power output ratings for both the SE and XLR outputs are the same.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...lanced-headphone-amp.20366/page-3#post-672152

I actually quite like that. Saves you the inconvenience of using adapters. I just changed the 6.3 for 4pin xlr on my darkvoice for that reason.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #18 of 64
d30pro-en-13_01.jpg
It has been nearly a month since the ASR Forum posted both reviews. Yes, A30PRO (pricing US$349.99) and D30PRO (pricing US$399.99) are approaching eventually! The released time is at 10 am March 8(UTC+8), meanwhile, the specific parameters will be public! Welcome to purchase yours at SHENZHENAUDIO store.

In addition, let's look at the first impression!
a30pro-01.jpga30pro-10.jpgd30pro-07.jpgd30pro-10.jpg

Last but not least, comments, suggestions, and testimonials are welcomed!

Read about these recently on ASR and have been waiting for pricing. Objective spec's are impressive. Will welcome more subjective observations in the coming weeks. 😊

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #19 of 64
Read about these recently on ASR and have been waiting for pricing. Objective spec's are impressive. Will welcome more subjective observations in the coming weeks. 😊
Sure thing, around March 8.

ShenzhenAudio https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio Stay updated on ShenzhenAudio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/shenzhenaudio/ https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio https://shenzhenaudio.com/
Mar 5, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #20 of 64
Topping Pro versions need a professional inspection. Your headphones are more expensive and hearing not replaceable. Check A30 Pro for:

1. ESD protection
2. DC out protection

Other than a critical parts, check:

1. Extremely low input impedance like in A90/L30? Not pairing well with some sources.
2. Nested loopback opamp design? Another THX789?
3. Dual Meanwell SMPS in +V/GND/-V configuration? /kidding, it was in A90, this is not balanced design/
4. Price.

There are low cost Class A non-feedback discrete amplifiers around $300. Having said that, I like A30 Pro much better than A90. Not surprised if A90 will be discontinued soon.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #21 of 64
Oh, pro versions, eh? Now Topping can professionally blow up your headphones.
haha... Exactly. Measurements are a tricky business in my opinion. Everything seems to measure well these days. Doesn't mean I want to own it or listen to it. That being said, Topping seems to be putting out better and better products each year. If it sounds as good as it measures, $750 for the stack is a good deal.

Mar 6, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #23 of 64
Exploding amp jokes aside - given how many Topping amps have died and taken headphones down with them lately, what reassurances do we have w/ regards to ESD and DC protection this time? What about the components? Anything else that may prevent a fire? etc.

Slightly different note - has anyone on HF or any non-ASR forum been able to replicate the measurements (or, if there are minor differences, be able to account for or explain said differences due to setup / equipment used)? Let's ignore the place that cannot be named on HF for now since many people will inevitably say something along "BuT thEY aRe BiaSSSEd aGainST ASR" / avoid a mudslinging fest. I ask this b/c this seems to be a huge selling point for the amp but it'd be nice to know that others can get the same or very similar results.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #24 of 64
has anyone on HF or any non-ASR forum been able to replicate the measurements (or, if there are minor differences, be able to account for or explain said differences due to setup / equipment used)?
There’s another Chinese (?) reviewer named Wolf who has the equipment to measure this stuff. Someone on ASR linked to their measurements:

https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/measurements-of-topping-d30pro-dac/
https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/measurements-of-topping-a30pro-headphoneamp

I think the difficult thing with measurements is you or I obviously don’t have the equipment to verify them so we either trust ASR/Wolf or you get the other argument of “they’re just shills for topping.” Also they did receive pre-production units so there’s the doubt of “they’re just golden samples.”

With something like this, which is measuring at TOTL level, it’s worth taking a step back and realising that there’s plenty of other options out there that perform better than what we can audibly hear so if you don’t like Topping because of their past issues, or you want different inputs, etc then don’t think you’re missing out on anything for picking another option.

On a personal note, this has the inputs I want at about the price range I am willing to spend so it’s definitely a consideration for an upgrade soon. The only weird thing is those filters on the D30pro, yeah John Yang on ASR said they can update them in the future but will they? Again, will I be able to tell a difference even if they do? Probably not :o2smile:

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #25 of 64
given how many Topping amps have died and taken headphones down with them lately
Also, do you have any stats/figures on this? As far as I’ve read the issue was reported on less than a handful of products before topping identified the issue and offered replacements but I’d be curious to read out of the thousands (?) of units out there how many had issues. Obviously it’s terrible for it to have happened to any units.

Mar 6, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #26 of 64
The only weird thing is those filters on the D30pro, yeah John Yang on ASR said they can update them in the future but will they? Again, will I be able to tell a difference even if they do? Probably not :o2smile:
Problem is, it will not measure so well. :wink:

Mar 7, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #27 of 64
I don't understand pricing comments; that's cheap! What did you tight sods expect it to cost?
Bruh, this isnt cheap by no means. You can get a better system thats all in one for close to that price.
I don't understand pricing comments; that's cheap! What did you tight sods expect it to cost?
Huh? Youre kidding right? You can get better system or similar, thats all in one, for the same price , if not less. People saying its too expensive are correct. You could Schitt on it and come out for less. Topping could of did an all in one, because most people arent going to buy these units separately for what you're getting compared to the competition ---or its own 'down the food chain' amps and dac pairs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back