TOPPING unveiled a brand new setup -A30PRO & D30PRO
Jan 6, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #61 of 64
~ They sound to me pure but cool, clinical, sterile. There is a limited, almost two-dimensional, rendition of acoustic space.
~ This is based on my experience with Topping: I owned the A90 / D90 combination for a few months. I was spellbound by the purity…then a nagging dissatisfaction set in.
~ You enjoy your equipment and what it brings to you. I hope that that continues. Do not let my comments lead your enjoyment astray. You are missing nothing. We all hear differently and all react differently to what we hear. 🎼🥲😄.
I agree with this completely. You are not missing anything. Your happiness in your system is a beautiful thing. Very cool!

I also have found Topping, 789 etc to be the same way @jonathan c explains. Almost as if the sound loses body and that sense of what you hear between the notes. It isn’t missing anything in terms of what the specs say, it is more about body and the visceral reaction I have to music. Not something you can explain by measurements, only something you explain through music. The most recent SMSL VMV D2 review at soundnews.net gives a great explanation of why at times what you hear doesn’t always match up to what the measurements say. That doesn’t mean either @jonathan c or I are right, only that we are looking for different things and listening a different way.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #62 of 64
Jan 7, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #64 of 64

Users who are viewing this thread

Back