Topping NX4
Apr 13, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #106 of 448
Just switch it off ( volume knob ) , just to be on the safe side . No sleep function that i know off . It would be nice if you could bypass the battery and use USB power , but you cant . Its a nice little dac/amp nonetheless .

Apr 13, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #107 of 448
Just switch it off ( volume knob ) , just to be on the safe side . No sleep function that i know off . It would be nice if you could bypass the battery and use USB power , but you cant . Its a nice little dac/amp nonetheless .

I found a couple of USB ports on my motherboard that are charging capable even when the computer is off. Any downside to leaving the NX4 always on? I feel like I'm gonna forget to turn it off every time I shut down the computer.

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #108 of 448
Its an electronic device , it also has a lithium battery . I always turn my electronic devices off ( laptop goes sleeping ) if im not using them . I feel safer that way . Friend had some accidents w stuff catching on fire ... Dont want none of that .

Apr 14, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #109 of 448
I listen to the NX4 DSD for a week now on an HD600 and it's wonderfull, seriously. The dac sounds fantastic to me. "Analogue sounding" and "liquidity" are terms that often raise in my head while listening. :)
This thing is a no-brainer if you're looking for a portable device.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #110 of 448
I listen to the NX4 DSD for a week now on an HD600 and it's wonderfull, seriously. The dac sounds fantastic to me. "Analogue sounding" and "liquidity" are terms that often raise in my head while listening. :)
This thing is a no-brainer if you're looking for a portable device.

How far do you have to turn the volume knob up to get the HD600 up to good listening levels? I'm interested in knowing what a max of 114 mW@300 ohms sounds like in practice.

Its an electronic device , it also has a lithium battery . I always turn my electronic devices off ( laptop goes sleeping ) if im not using them . I feel safer that way . Friend had some accidents w stuff catching on fire ... Dont want none of that .

That's horrifying. What products has your friend been using that have caught on fire?

Apr 15, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #111 of 448
How far do you have to turn the volume knob up to get the HD600 up to good listening levels? I'm interested in knowing what a max of 114 mW@300 ohms sounds like in practice.

I don't have a HD600, but I do have a HD6xx that I use with the Topping NX4 DSD and I usually listen with the volume knob at about 2 o'clock on low gain.
That is loud enough for my tastes.

i.e. for me there is much headroom to spare.

Oh, and I find the bass boost really enjoyable at such volumes. It's not overcooked and is mostly noticeable in the low bass/sub-bass (say, <80 Hz).

Apr 15, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #112 of 448
Fargeg

I know of a few incidents . One involved a plugged in wall usb charger , exploded by itself , wasnt being used at a time . And a friend had a few incidents w lithium batteries , warping while charging , and catching on fire . So now my devices are only plugged in and charging when im present . And never overnight .

Apr 15, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #113 of 448
I don't have a HD600, but I do have a HD6xx that I use with the Topping NX4 DSD and I usually listen with the volume knob at about 2 o'clock on low gain.
That is loud enough for my tastes.

Wow, I set my HD650 at 12 o'clock on low gain and it's already pretty loud. My T50RPMkII I have to set at 1 o'clock to match the HD650 in loudness.

Apr 15, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #115 of 448
"Analogue sounding" and "liquidity"
Why does this quote reminds me of Chord Mojo Sound quality?.... How does the SQ compared to mojo?

Apr 16, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #118 of 448
So this has just become available : Hifime UDA38Pro DAC (ES9038Pro + SA9227). And they describe it as : chip creates a detailed sound quality that also have a mature, profound feel to it making it sound very real . And one reviewer put it as : The sound can be regard as the most smoothest and natural-sounding I have ever heard. It is also dynamic with detail. It is easy to listen .

Its the bigger brother of the 9038q2m found in NX4 DSD . So maybe , i guess , the sound signature is similar between the 2 DAC chips . Which makes NX4 DSD a very nice little device . I like it .

Apr 17, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #119 of 448

Users who are viewing this thread

Back