Topping NX4
Mar 6, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #77 of 448
Can anyone confirm the output impedance of the DSD Version? Is it the same as the regular version at<.4 ohms?

Mar 8, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #79 of 448
Mar 8, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #80 of 448
So the Topping site references the output of the NX4 DSD as 114mw for 300ohms. And the Massdrop site says 57mw for 300ohm cans. I take it that the Topping site is adding together both stereo channels?

Still, the NX4DSD is rated almost twice as powerful as Oppo HA2se. Has anyone tried them side by side?

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #82 of 448
So the Topping site references the output of the NX4 DSD as 114mw for 300ohms. And the Massdrop site says 57mw for 300ohm cans. I take it that the Topping site is adding together both stereo channels?

Still, the NX4DSD is rated almost twice as powerful as Oppo HA2se. Has anyone tried them side by side?

The full Spec of the amp, at the bottom of the Topping page, specifies 114mW X 2 @ 300ohm. There's certainly bags of power thru my AEON Flow Open (13ohm), at 10 o'clock on the volume knob.

Mar 12, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #88 of 448
I got one. Right before it appeared on massdrop. I like it quite a bit. Its very small and light . Very well made. Tested all functions : amp , dac , with PC - phone - dap ( M2s as transport ), line out. It charges quickly. DAC feature works about 6-7 hrs with a line out. Yes, you can charge and use DAC at the same time ( i was using mine and it died completely , hooked up micro USB and it was on again while charging ( not 100% sure??? ) ). Sound quality is good , dark background. If they could squeeze in BT 4.0 AptX it would be the bomb !

Mar 13, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #89 of 448
I got one. Right before it appeared on massdrop. I like it quite a bit. Its very small and light . Very well made. Tested all functions : amp , dac , with PC - phone - dap ( M2s as transport ), line out. It charges quickly. DAC feature works about 6-7 hrs with a line out. Yes, you can charge and use DAC at the same time ( i was using mine and it died completely , hooked up micro USB and it was on again while charging ( not 100% sure??? ) ). Sound quality is good , dark background. If they could squeeze in BT 4.0 AptX it would be the bomb !
Glad to hear your experience with the NX4DSD is good! What headphones are you using it with? Also, do you notice any difference with power plugged in or on battery?

Mar 13, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #90 of 448
Glad to hear your experience with the NX4DSD is good! What headphones are you using it with? Also, do you notice any difference with power plugged in or on battery?

I dont own any high-end gear . Tried it mostly w IEMs: Fiio F9 Pro , Brainwavz B400 , Future Sonics G10 , Periodic BEs . The only over the ear i have is a Senn HD518 . My music is in 320kbps mp3 . I am a BASShead , but the things i look for is background noise and sound stage , also how clear mids/highs are ( depends on headphones used ) . I have an AQ DFR and i like it . NX4DSD is similar in music presentation ( perhaps a wider sound stage ) and it provides more features and flexibility . No sound difference when on DC power vs battery ( as far as i can tell ) . I like good quality sound , but im afraid i dont have the ears for it . So i cant dissect the sound signature as some of the members here could .

Maybe high res music and better listening gear would reveal its capability more . No DAC will make a crappy 128mp3 recording sound like a live orchestra .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back