Topping NX4
Jul 5, 2017 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 448

sainteb

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone. Has anyone tried the NX4? I haven't seen any threads or reviews here. There isn't much information about it elsewhere either so I guess it's pretty new.

Link

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #2 of 448
I ordered one yesterday to get started as a new headfi'er.
So not experienced enough to give a reliable review.
Going to use it with the HD650 and Cayin N3.
And Ampless with the Momentum.

I guess it has great value for the money when I read other posts of the brand Topping.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #7 of 448
I just saw that FiiO is releasing their own new portable DAC/AMP which looks pretty good, available for sale in August.

Can anyone more knowledgeable compare its stats to the Topping NX4 please? It seems like the FiiO is more suitable for headphones with a lower impedance.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #9 of 448
I received the Topping NX4.

It's a well build sturdy device. With great sound. It drives the HD700 at ease and most important it's working with my android device.
Volume knop has decent friction and feels high quality. Low and high gain and bass knobs also clicks nice.

Bass boost is a nice addition for Bitstream perfect and is on in my setup.

It has way better stereo presentation than the HTC U11. Usb-c to micro sd cable plugged in the dac input all possible cables are provided in the box.
With the app soundabout you can choose how the audio routes. In my case USB Host for media.

As well as bands velcro and a protection pad.

Noise levels are low to none... I am very satisfied on the product. And it's multifunctional with my upcoming Cayin N3 or Smartphone.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #11 of 448
I've got one on order from Amazon. Reviews are all good there, but there's only a few for each color.

I'm also curious what would happen if you plugged your phone into the charge port. Would the phone charge it? Would it charge the phone? Would nothing happen?

Regardless it looks like a well-built product. Hoping I can avoid the cellular noise I'm getting with my current AMP to headphone jack setup and future proofing for future phones that all appear to lack headphone jacks.

Nov 8, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #13 of 448
Any idea what DAC chip this thing uses? Topping doesn't put it on the spec sheet for some reason...

I wondered the same thing a while ago and received the following response from them:

Hello
Thank you for contacting TOPPING support. We are happy to assist.
We use TI's PCM5102A in NX4.
Best Regards!
----------------------------------
TOPPING service
26th Jiaomen Road, Huangge Town, Nansha, Guangzhou, China
Zip code: 511455

EDIT: Changed to proper quotation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back