TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #1,306 of 2,185
  Here you go: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topping-NX1-Earphone-Headphone-Portable-Stereo-MP3-Amplifier-3-5mm-Rechargeable-/261618695571?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item3ce9b07d93

No worries, a seller with very good feedback.

Anyone else who ordered the NX1 from this seller can I just ask if their tracking info was reliable? I got my tracking number when I ordered it on 31st December but it hasn't shown up yet on SingPost. Starting to wonder what's going on with it now...

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #1,307 of 2,185
With low impendance IEM's there's a low background hiss on mine. Nothing that bother me much but I wouldn't call my unit dead silent.

EMI is also pretty bad on mine and I would never be able to pair it with my phone or tablet.

Still love it though and it's great for longer flights.

Edit: I've got the Bluebird U6 coming in in a couple of weeks. Should be a good benchmark for the NX1 :)

Hey buddy ...could you provide the link where you bought yr Bluebird U6 ....cant wait fir yr comparison with NX1.....cheers

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #1,308 of 2,185
Hey buddy ...could you provide the link where you bought yr Bluebird U6 ....cant wait fir yr comparison with NX1.....cheers

No problems my firend, I bought mine from here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bluebird-U6-Headphone-Earphone-Protable-Mini-Amplifier-Class-A-Amplifier-Large-Current-Low-Noise-Promotion/32251922329.html

still waiting though.......................

Edit: wrong link

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #1,310 of 2,185
Anyone else who ordered the NX1 from this seller can I just ask if their tracking info was reliable? I got my tracking number when I ordered it on 31st December but it hasn't shown up yet on SingPost. Starting to wonder what's going on with it now...
Mine was fine. Singpost was fast.
You should send a message to the seller.

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #1,311 of 2,185

Same here. I have placed the order from the same seller on 31st December 2014, and got a tracking number of Hongkong Post (I had specifically requested the seller to avoid singpost for shipping due to my earlier customs related issues with that courier) but I am yet to see any update on my package from the official website.

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #1,312 of 2,185
Annoyed with the battery life of NX1. Not because it's short, but it's so long that I get bored of having it charge once in a week. That too, because I can't resist. Never seen the NX1 blue light go off ever lol

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #1,313 of 2,185
  Annoyed with the battery life of NX1. Not because it's short, but it's so long that I get bored of having it charge once in a week. That too, because I can't resist. Never seen the NX1 blue light go off ever lol

It's actually healthier to charge a lithium battery more frequently so, once a week is a good timeframe. They actually enjoy being charged.

I actually came here to see what cables from Aliexpress you guys think are the best options. Members like @Wokei

I'm interested in hearing from, which ones do you think are the best buys?  Preferably silver plated and not to long, around standard size.

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #1,314 of 2,185

It's actually healthier to charge a lithium battery more frequently so, once a week is a good timeframe. They actually enjoy being charged.

I actually came here to see what cables from Aliexpress you guys think are the best options. Members like @Wokei

I'm interested in hearing from, which ones do you think are the best buys?  Preferably silver plated and not to long, around standard size.

You are right probably. Will keep giving it dose of charge once a week to keep in good health.

For cables this is the preferred location : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/526194/search?SearchText=3.5mm

I was wondering for the same a while ago and some head-fi seniors recommended this seller (Fred). He is friendly and can alter the wire length if you drop him a message. For example the one I ordered  >  THIS  <  was 15cm long which was just too long for my setup. I made him reduce its length to 6cm. Good seller and nice quality.

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #1,315 of 2,185
  You are right probably. Will keep giving it dose of charge once a week to keep in good health.

For cables this is the preferred location : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/526194/search?SearchText=3.5mm

I was wondering for the same a while ago and some head-fi seniors recommended this seller (Fred). He is friendly and can alter the wire length if you drop him a message. For example the one I ordered  >  THIS  <  was 15cm long which was just too long for my setup. I made him reduce its length to 6cm. Good seller and nice quality.

Thanks! This is big help!

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #1,316 of 2,185

Those on the left...silver plated actually gives better detail if you listen attentively but not that much difference like nite n day compared to the cable on the right...though maybe those cables on the right are suitable for outdoor usage

Edited..Fred is good guy to deal with..Cheers

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #1,317 of 2,185
E11K changes the sound signature. Have seem some people claiming that it makes sound warmer, while some say that it makes the sound darker.
NX1, is more on a neutral side. I haven't noticed any change in sound sig. It just provides the AMPing.

I used to own the e11 as my first amp and loved the sound but it definitely accentuates bass. The NX1 is more neutral and has a wider sound stage in my opinion. I haven't tried the 'k' version of the e11 though.

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #1,318 of 2,185
I used to own the e11 as my first amp and loved the sound but it definitely accentuates bass. The NX1 is more neutral and has a wider sound stage in my opinion. I haven't tried the 'k' version of the e11 though.
Same here... I also haven't tried E11k.

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #1,319 of 2,185
I was thinking of getting a Fiio E18 Kunlun, which was to be connected to to either my Samsung S3 or OnePlus One.  Used mainly for spotify and some stuff on Neutron music player (Beatles mostly!).  But I thought as a cheaper and maybe better alternative to get the HiFiMeDIY Sabre USC Dac (Android version) and then connect the little dac to a NX1 as a half the price and maybe better option.  Other options include Sabre Dac + E06 or Sabre Dac + E11K or just a single E07K.  So many options!  I used to have a iriver H140 into a Benchmark Dac1 years ago so was used to having very quality clear sound through my Beyer 990pro's.  Any advice which one to go for?  May be a fiddly option but a cost effective one??

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #1,320 of 2,185
I have the 1+1 and the Android Sabre DAC and the E6. And the NX1 is coming.

The Android sabre DAC has clipping with the E6 at all EQ modes except EQ3, which reduces all the flat curve (non EQ) in 3 decibels.

So, with EQ3 I don't feel much improvement compared to 1+1 internals. Well, I don't see improvement at all.

I'm waiting for the NX1 to arrive to connect it to the Android Sabre DAC. But I'm not expecting much improvement over 1+1 internals. Let's see.

Well, 1+1 internals are relatively good I think. And plays pretty loud, drive Havi B3P1 at 75% volume quite loud and other IEMs at 35% quite loud and with very clean sound. I think it's better now to invest in some IEMs and later in a X5 or DX90.

But I'm used to Spotify. You could also check the new E17K that is said that could use system volume from USB, Spotify also. Not only UAPP.

Edit: 1+1 jack out is very clean sounding. I also studying Cayin C5 and FiiO E12A as amps, but not for now. Because they are just a little more expensive than C&C BH2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back