TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #676 of 2,185
I'll vote C3 if you can handle the UI , if not a used 4g iPod touch from line out.

I was use C3 long ago paired with ALO Rx mk2 and Yuin pk1 and impressed by Their SQ. And then I sell mk2 and pk1 because it is too bulky and it is not portable setup anymore.
And also have tried C3 with BH2 and found that synergy is relatively bad very thin mids and piercing highs. 
but never tried C3 with NX1.
Is their synergy better than C3+BH2 ?

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #677 of 2,185
I never used to like the clip much , though I've come to really appreciate both clip and zip these days, their UI with rockbox is really neat, I never did try one with NX1 so it might be a winner.
wink.gif

I'm looking forward to your comparison C3+NX1 vs Clip+NX1 ^^.

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #678 of 2,185
Woooooo....me no have iem that cost more than USD50 ...me cheap ass skin broke ass...

When me grow up ( in another life ) me will buy HAVI ...lol .....that also been holding since early this year when it was only USD40 but now at about 60$......

With the current 18% of @LMUE there's no reason not to get the Havi's my friend :wink:

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #681 of 2,185
Woooooo....me no have iem that cost more than USD50 ...me cheap ass skin broke ass...

When me grow up ( in another life ) me will buy HAVI ...lol .....that also been holding since early this year when it was only USD40 but now at about 60$......

Treat yourself to the extra special soundstage of Havi!

I've heard quite a few IEM, not many have executed soundstage quite like Havi B3 Pro 1.

I was use C3 long ago paired with ALO Rx mk2 and Yuin pk1 and impressed by Their SQ. And then I sell mk2 and pk1 because it is too bulky and it is not portable setup anymore.
And also have tried C3 with BH2 and found that synergy is relatively bad very thin mids and piercing highs. 
but never tried C3 with NX1.
Is their synergy better than C3+BH2 ?

NX1 is still a little bright labeled by many, I cannot promise you will still find it thin or edgy. Maybe E11K will be for you which offers a warmer sound? Or you could try the SAP-5 we're looking into. (we have no idea how SAP-5 sounds yet)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/729667/new-2014-model-smsl-sap-5-portable-headphone-amplifer-introduction-impressions

Quote:

I'm looking forward to your comparison C3+NX1 vs Clip+NX1 ^^.

I have sold my NX1 actually, so cannot try for you. It is still the best amp I have heard for $40.

I just janitor the thread to keep Wokei inline.

Make sure he doesn't wonder off posting random amplifiers he's purchased. 
tongue.gif

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #682 of 2,185
Thinking very hard ....not me srong point ...TOOOOOOO get HAVI B3 ...furthermore LMUE is in Singapore and me In Kuala Lumpur Malaysia ..so the stars are in me favor ...delivery should be zippy if me pull the trigger ...

This is how me head is talking to me now ...
Havi : I know what you thinking
Wokei: Huh ?
Havi : I have the best soundstage and neutral sound for under USD60 .
Wokei : What ?
Havi : You got to ask yourselves one question ?
Wokei : Why Am I here ?
Havi : Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?
Wokei : Aaaaaah ....me no punk ...me not Wokei with peer pressure ...

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #683 of 2,185

I've heard quite a few IEM, not many have executed soundstage quite like Havi B3 Pro 1.

NX1 is still a little bright labeled by many, I cannot promise you will still find it thin or edgy. Maybe E11K will be for you which offers a warmer sound? Or you could try the SAP-5 we're looking into. (we have no idea how SAP-5 sounds yet)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/729667/new-2014-model-smsl-sap-5-portable-headphone-amplifer-introduction-impressions

I have sold my NX1 actually, so cannot try for you. It is still the best amp I have heard for $40.

I just janitor the thread to keep Wokei inline.

Make sure he doesn't wonder off posting random amplifiers he's purchased. :p  

Me no wonder off ...this means War ..me send me boyz over to take care of business with you ...lol

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #685 of 2,185
H20Fidelity......me juz pull the trigger on LMUE Havi B3 Pro1

Hope they will be as what you said ...or else me send me special squads over to Straya to take care of that janitor ...lol

Aug 9, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #690 of 2,185
  It's awesome. The tiny bit of extra bass the NX1 adds, along with the slight treble bump really works well with it.

I had a feeling it would go well, if these amps I have coming aren't a good match, I may pick up another NX1. (For Havi)

I think sometimes I was too hasty to sell, and do somewhat miss it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back