TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
May 15, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #31 of 2,185
DMax99, did you hear some background noise, if no music was playing?

No there's no background noise or hiss. It's actually a very clean amp. Much cleaner than the c5 because the c5 I remember was not a clean amp.

I've been enjoying this over the BH. I like the more intimate vocals and details the NX1 has over the BH.

If I was going to buy my first portable amp and my choices were between the BH and the NX1. I would definitely choose the NX1.

I have not regretted spending the 30 bucks..much better than the 60 bucks I've spent on the e11. It's definitely better! :wink:

May 15, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #32 of 2,185
Anyways... I'm not an expert audiophile at all. They are just some of my humble impressions.

I'll be lending mine to H20Fidelity next week. So hopefully by the end of next week, we can hear the verdict of a true expert! ;D

May 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #34 of 2,185
Thanks DMax99!
Sound like it is really worth, giving the NX1 a try.

Two more questions... hope you don't mind.
Can you use the Amp, while charging (like using it stationary with the PC)?
Is there a "pop" when switching the amp on/off?

Tom

May 15, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #35 of 2,185
No there's no background noise or hiss. It's actually a very clean amp. Much cleaner than the c5 because the c5 I remember was not a clean amp.

I've been enjoying this over the BH. I like the more intimate vocals and details the NX1 has over the BH.

If I was going to buy my first portable amp and my choices were between the BH and the NX1. I would definitely choose the NX1.

I have not regretted spending the 30 bucks..much better than the 60 bucks I've spent on the e11. It's definitely better!
wink.gif

Where did you buy it for $30 if I can ask?

May 15, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #36 of 2,185

Where did you buy it for $30 if I can ask?

Here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOPPING-NX1-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-with-USB-Rechargeable-Battery-DHL-/310825604741?pt=AU_Electronics_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item485ea65685&_uhb=1

I believe Dmax choose the cheapest shipping method which brought the price down. Only I don't recommend this as it took quite a while for him to receive it. I think with Dmax's impressions if you can get away with standard shipping would be recommended.

From doing google searches about the cheapest you'll get away with is about $47.00

Here it is on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Topping-Portable-Earphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00HFMNR4M

May 15, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #38 of 2,185
  I do not reside in the US so Amazon is a no-go for me. The link you posted is $35 USD +$5 USD shipping which comes to $40 so either the $30 was a typo or I'm missing something here..

You'll need to ask Dmax, not sure where he got the $30 figure from, though I assume that would of been before shipping. 

May 15, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #39 of 2,185
Thanks DMax99!
Sound like it is really worth, giving the NX1 a try.

Two more questions... hope you don't mind.
Can you use the Amp, while charging (like using it stationary with the PC)?
Is there a "pop" when switching the amp on/off?

Tom

No worries...

There's no pop and also works while charging

May 15, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #40 of 2,185
I do not reside in the US so Amazon is a no-go for me. The link you posted is $35 USD +$5 USD shipping which comes to $40 so either the $30 was a typo or I'm missing something here..

Sorry it wasn't a typo nor you're missing anything. It's my memory recently. The amount of my uni load has messed up my brain recently.. Lol

I paid $37.99 + 4.99 AUD... It took about a month to get here. But thats because I've chosen to be a cheap.. Lol. You can also choose a more expensive posage via DHL (don't remember how much). If you're not in a rush of getting amp I would recommend choosing the cheaper way. Otherwise it would destroy the price/performance ratio.

By saying that... This 40is, 50 dollars amp in my opinion is definitely way better than the e11 which costed my about 70 new. I'm also finding myself preferring it to my BH atm.

It has more clarity and detail than the e11 from my memory. The e11 also has a more boomy bass compare to the NX1

So for the price, I still highly recommend it.

May 15, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #42 of 2,185
Oh yeah... Mind you my preferred sound signature is more towards the high, mids, soundstage and 3d imaging... I'm not really a bass head anymore soiI haven't tested bassy songs with it yet

May 15, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #43 of 2,185
Also forgot to mention that the whole thing is pretty much made out of metal compare to plastic with the e11.

I said would try and post photos comparing to the BH the other day but because I'm so busy this week so I didn't get the chance to.

But I promise I'll post some photos comparing the design and dimensions to the BH ttomorrow night :wink:

May 20, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #45 of 2,185
I managed to pick up one of these for $35 shipped in an eBay auction. Should make a great travel compagnion if the batterylife is as good as stated.

I'll post my impressions and comparision to E11 and E12 when i get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back