Topping L30 - The new budget benchmark?
Mar 13, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #451 of 506
Fair enough, thanks. I must add that a company claim of "no issues", is not acceptable. They should clearly state whether updated L30 has built-in ESD protection and DC output protection and how this protection is implemented.
They did, it is on ASR.

Apr 11, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #452 of 506
How does it compare with the FiiO A5? I know these two are totally different things, but I'd love the luxury of Using the amp while im in bed.
Could you make the comparison? Thank you

Apr 14, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #453 of 506
Hi guys, I ordered a Topping L30+D10s stack through AliExpress, which I was planning to use with the AKG K712 Pro that I plan to buy soon. I went with the D10s because I have no need of the extra features of the E30, thought it would be essentially the same and is 30€ cheaper, but apparently the E30 has better soundstage and can sound better with a 5V power supply. So now I am wondering if I screwed this up and what would be the best course of action. Keep the L30 while somehow getting rid of the D10s and search a E30 elsewhere? Add something else to improve this combo? Purchase different headphones? :triportsad:

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #456 of 506
Are these safe to buy now? Has the exploding headphone issue been fixed?
Topping is always a poor choice. Some might be lured thinking they are saving money at first but Topping are not well designed nor well built. Down the road when your Topping dies you will wish that you had bought a better brand. Why buy a Ford Pinto when you could get a Toyota?

Apr 29, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #457 of 506
Topping is always a poor choice. Some might be lured thinking they are saving money at first but Topping are not well designed nor well built. Down the road when your Topping dies you will wish that you had bought a better brand. Why buy a Ford Pinto when you could get a Toyota?
So what are the alternatives here in Ireland where Schiit is too expensive to be viable?

Apr 29, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #460 of 506
So what are the alternatives here in Ireland where Schiit is too expensive to be viable?
Depending on the headphone used, the other alternatives in this price range that I own are JDS Labs Atom, Monolith Liquid Spark, and Schiit Magni.

Otherwise the next large step up from there are used amplifiers from eBay like the Beyerdynamic A20 that can be had for $200 here in the states.

Or if you want tube amplification, and one of the best value purchases I have ever made, is the Darkvoice 336se at $200 new here in the states.

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #461 of 506
Hi,
I've recently got Topping D30 DAC and L30 headphone amp.
The D30 is working fine and the L30 is also working.

However, I have noticed that the 6.35mm (1/4 Inch) jack port of my L30 has a slight give to it when inserting a headphone into the amp or if I push the headphone jack a bit.

What I mean is that the headphone port doesn't seem to be solidly attached to the case and is a bit springy or soft and the jack port goes in about 1mm inside when pushed and then comes back to normal position.

Here is a very short video of the headphone jack movement I have uploade to OneDrive:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AipIT1N1Kpg_ixzgDOCWfS4LKJl9?e=YJMPKx

There is no disruption or noise on the audio when the jack is pushed but I am not sure of the jack pot is supposed to be like this.

So does anyone else’s 6.35mm (1/4 Inch) jack port do this on their L30 or should I ask for mine to be replaced?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #462 of 506
Hi,
I've recently got Topping D30 DAC and L30 headphone amp.
The D30 is working fine and the L30 is also working.

However, I have noticed that the 6.35mm (1/4 Inch) jack port of my L30 has a slight give to it when inserting a headphone into the amp or if I push the headphone jack a bit.

What I mean is that the headphone port doesn't seem to be solidly attached to the case and is a bit springy or soft and the jack port goes in about 1mm inside when pushed and then comes back to normal position.

Here is a very short video of the headphone jack movement I have uploade to OneDrive:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AipIT1N1Kpg_ixzgDOCWfS4LKJl9?e=YJMPKx

There is no disruption or noise on the audio when the jack is pushed but I am not sure of the jack pot is supposed to be like this.

So does anyone else’s 6.35mm (1/4 Inch) jack port do this on their L30 or should I ask for mine to be replaced?

Hey, I own two L30 units and both have this "feature", I'd say it's normal.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #463 of 506
Hey, I own two L30 units and both have this "feature", I'd say it's normal.
Yeah, people at another forum also mentioned thiers also the same.

Furthermore I had a real close look now at the jack port and port itself or the its housing is not moving.
The only thing that moves is the actual 6.35mm plug of the headphone.
Seems like the plug doesn't go all the way in and there is like a 0.5-0.7mm gap between the shiny ring of port and the plug's hilt (no sure what else to call it lol) so there is still a tiny bit more left of the plug that can be pushed inside which gets push out by the metal strip inside the port.
The same thing happens with the included 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter plug.

So it doesn't look like the 6.35mm port itself is moving but looked like it was due to the shadow from the plug being moved in caused the shiny ring on the port to appear as if it was moving but only the plug itself it moving in a bit when pushed.

It seems that the port is securely attached to the PCB and thus no defect I think.

Jun 14, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #464 of 506
Depending on the headphone used, the other alternatives in this price range that I own are JDS Labs Atom, Monolith Liquid Spark, and Schiit Magni.

Otherwise the next large step up from there are used amplifiers from eBay like the Beyerdynamic A20 that can be had for $200 here in the states.

Or if you want tube amplification, and one of the best value purchases I have ever made, is the Darkvoice 336se at $200 new here in the states.
Why recommend Schiit when they have a track record for frying headphones too?

Jun 14, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #465 of 506
Why?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back