Topping L30 - The new budget benchmark?
Jan 21, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #421 of 506
Are most people getting 2012****** replacements or are they waiting for the February update?

The vendor I bought from told me they’re shipping me a new unit, so I’m guessing that means it’s one of the current ones that fixes the DC issue but not the ESD issue.

I’m not sure whether to go with that or if I should ask to wait for the next revision.

I think you have to decide how prone you would be to shock it with ESD in the wintertime.

You might also want to check if the warranty is on the original date of purchase, or the date you receive the replacement.

Jan 21, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #422 of 506
Are most people getting 2012****** replacements or are they waiting for the February update?

The vendor I bought from told me they’re shipping me a new unit, so I’m guessing that means it’s one of the current ones that fixes the DC issue but not the ESD issue.

I’m not sure whether to go with that or if I should ask to wait for the next revision.

If u don't get ESD much in your location (eg if your country is more humid), then u can take the risk to just get the DC fix. But I suppose if Topping can get an ESD fix in for their february batch, why not wait a month just to get the latest fixed L30?

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #423 of 506
A dumb question regarding the HPA/PRE switch. Does it switch the output between headphone and RCA?
I want to connect both my headphone and speaker, and want to switch between them without having to disconnect the headphone every time.

Jan 23, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #424 of 506
A dumb question regarding the HPA/PRE switch. Does it switch the output between headphone and RCA?
I want to connect both my headphone and speaker, and want to switch between them without having to disconnect the headphone every time.

That’s exactly what it does. It’s great. I have my 6XX always plugged into the headphone jack and my powered PC speakers plugged into the RCA in the back, and it’s just a flick of a switch to go between them.

Jan 23, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #425 of 506
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
C6E154BB-9E4C-448A-95E8-BEA8E9B73CE6.jpeg

17386570-D0C5-4B6C-8E79-93E20DBBEE2C.jpeg

Won’t be using my pricier cans with this amp for sure. Moved to basement. Ground it and placed it near fire extinguisher.

Jan 23, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #427 of 506
Would the 5V DC that's used on other Amps
damage headphones the way the L30 does with it's 15V AC when the fault occurs.
I’m not an expert but probably not. What’s it,..... a portable?

Jan 23, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #429 of 506
Something like the other desktop Amps►iFi Zen-Can that put out similar power but have "DC" 5V
As long as they have some protection build in. Never heard of iFi having this kind of problem but I really wouldn’t be the person to ask.
Shame that Topping put out a product that blows up cans with such a low distortion. Lmao

Jan 23, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #430 of 506
As long as they have some protection build in. Never heard of iFi having this kind of problem but I really wouldn’t be the person to ask.
Shame that Topping put out a product that blows up cans with such a low distortion. Lmao
Untitled.jpg

lol

Jan 26, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #431 of 506
i just held off online purchase of the topping L30 after digging deeper into this issue. otherwise the vendor would have sold me an amp form the defective lot. i sent him the topping message to which he replied the new revised unit shall be avail in 1-2wks.

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #432 of 506
Just received my L30 replacement via DHL..directly from China (bypassing my distributor). Tested and noticed it doesn't get hot as fast and and high as the previous one. overall impressive response by Topping, which I did not put much hope initially .... I am happy.

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #433 of 506
Just received my L30 replacement via DHL..directly from China (bypassing my distributor). Tested and noticed it doesn't get hot as fast and and high as the previous one. overall impressive response by Topping, which I did not put much hope initially .... I am happy.

Congrats! I'm still waiting for my replacement. Is your serial number starting with 2012?

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #435 of 506
Would the 5V "DC" that's used on something like the►iFi Zen-Can Amp
damage headphones the way the L30 does with it's 15V "AC" when this fault occurs.
Depends on the headphone.
Into 30 Ohm, you would see 150mA (= 0.8 W). That could cook the voice coil.
Into 300 Ohms a 10th of the current (and power), which is probably negligible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back