Topping G5
Oct 21, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #46 of 351
Does the q7 have more output power?

Like most companies, I don't think fiio lists clean output power per channel. I think they list it as "up to" 1.5. That usually means both channels combined then subtract a little at best you might get that power with other companies.
I don't know if anyone has independently measured the Fiio device but I believe they "generically" list power at 1.5 watts with below 1% THD+N on battery and 3 watts at below 1% THD+N plugged in. Topping claims the G5 to produce 1.2 watts per channel at 32 ohms with less than 0.1% THD+N
I think that the NX7 has been independently measured and meets claimed specs but haven't seen any independent testing of the G5.

Again, I just mentioned that the Q7 may be worth a look if @herrbbiiee was considering spending that kind of money.
If you want to claim that the Q7 shouldn't be considered at all and that the G5 is better, that's fine. That's your opinion.

I don't have an opinion on either device. I don't own either device and I haven't auditioned either device.

Oct 21, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #47 of 351
I don't know if anyone has independently measured the Fiio device but I believe they "generically" list power at 1.5 watts with below 1% THD+N on battery and 3 watts at below 1% THD+N plugged in. Topping claims the G5 to produce 1.2 watts per channel at 32 ohms with less than 0.1% THD+N
I think that the NX7 has been independently measured and meets claimed specs but haven't seen any independent testing of the G5.

Again, I just mentioned that the Q7 may be worth a look if @herrbbiiee was considering spending that kind of money.
If you want to claim that the Q7 shouldn't be considered at all and that the G5 is better, that's fine. That's your opinion.

I don't have an opinion on either device. I don't own either device and I haven't auditioned either device.
Q7 might be awesome. I'm not super impressed though especially since it has less specs than m17.

I would be surprised if q7 outperforms ifi signature.

On the other hand I'm impressed with G5 and ifi signature. I own both including m17.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #48 of 351
Q7 might be awesome. I'm not super impressed though especially since it has less specs than m17.

I would be surprised if q7 outperforms ifi signature.

On the other hand I'm impressed with G5 and ifi signature. I own both including m17.
I think power output specs are the same between M17 and Q7. I know that Q7 is running a single ESS9038PRO while M17 runs dual 9038PRO's. That alone could potentially improve the numbers of the M17 over the Q7 but whether it's audible or not is the question. I'm sure there are some other differences but I don't know what they are. But Q7 is less than half the price of M17. I'm not buying either one.
I may still purchase a G5 but not planning on doing so at the moment.

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #49 of 351
I think power output specs are the same between M17 and Q7. I know that Q7 is running a single ESS9038PRO while M17 runs dual 9038PRO's. That alone could potentially improve the numbers of the M17 over the Q7 but whether it's audible or not is the question. I'm sure there are some other differences but I don't know what they are. But Q7 is less than half the price of M17. I'm not buying either one.
I really like the look of the upcoming xduoo xd05pro.

Oct 21, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #51 of 351
He seems to have some of the same gripes i have about q7.

Needs to be plugged in for best sound and power means it really has to be compared with desktops. Also other gripes and he doesn't recommend it.

G5 set a new precedence and makes the q7 extremely overpriced imho.

Be very careful which company you purchase it from though. Some vendors that sell Topping products don't honor their return or repair policy even though they advertise that they do. Or they make you jump through hoops.

Oct 24, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #54 of 351
Hi, does the G5 charging stop automatically when battery is 100% full? Does the charging LED turns off?

Thanx in advance for any input.

few hours later .... found it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-17 154640.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-17 154640.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 24, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #55 of 351
G5 set a new precedence and makes the q7 extremely overpriced imho.

But is the Q7 competing with the G5? I think it's competing more with the xDSD Gryphon (in which case it's still more).

I don't have the G5, but I do have the Gryphon. It'd be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison of all three.

Oct 24, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #56 of 351
But is the Q7 competing with the G5? I think it's competing more with the xDSD Gryphon (in which case it's still more).

I don't have the G5, but I do have the Gryphon. It'd be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison of all three.
I think the G5 directly competes with the Q7 only if the user will be solely using them on the go. I don't see the Q7 (or the M17) as being targeted to people who are ONLY interested in portable use.
Whereas there are numerous portable / battery powered DAC-AMP's with respectable power output. Of course these can be used on the desktop as well but they aren't designed to increase output power when used as desktop units like the Q7 (and M17) is.

Oct 24, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #57 of 351

some comparisons in this video…

Oct 25, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #58 of 351
Hi, does the G5 charging stop automatically when battery is 100% full? Does the charging LED turns off?

Thanx in advance for any input.

few hours later .... found it.
Can you easyly make difference between the green and yellow light ?

Oct 25, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #59 of 351

G5 much more powerful and sound quality is better imho. Gryphon wayy overpriced. Might as well go for ifi signature if purchasing gryphon.

Oct 25, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #60 of 351
Can you easyly make difference between the green and yellow light ?
I do not have it, but as soon as Amazon does next day shipping, I will give it a try for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back