Topping G5
Oct 5, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #32 of 351
Speaking of multiple dac module, Xduoo's upcoming xd05 pro is an interesting development that i'm looking forward to. It seems quite powerful with interchangeable dac module (flagships from ak,ess,rohm) and massive battery (12000mah). It'll be interesting to compare it with the G5 once released. Does Topping have something similar in the pipeline?

XD-05 Pro
Where have you found information about XD-05 Pro?

Thanks

Oct 5, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #33 of 351
Oct 9, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #34 of 351
Hello,
I have the Woo Audio WA11. I received my new Iphone 14 Pro Max this week end, but the WA11 doesn't work with the Iphone 14, with the woo audio's lod usb-c/lightning (contrary to the Iphone 13 of my wife, which was working with the WA11...).
So I am looking for a DAC/amp wich can work with the Iphone 14. Is anybody have an Iphone 14 and tried with the G5 with a ligthning / usb-c cable ?
I know that the G5 has BT and I could use the Iphone in BT mode with the G5 but it's not the best way for SQ.
Thanks by advance for your help and answers...

Oct 14, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #38 of 351
Hello,
I have the Woo Audio WA11. I received my new Iphone 14 Pro Max this week end, but the WA11 doesn't work with the Iphone 14, with the woo audio's lod usb-c/lightning (contrary to the Iphone 13 of my wife, which was working with the WA11...).
So I am looking for a DAC/amp wich can work with the Iphone 14. Is anybody have an Iphone 14 and tried with the G5 with a ligthning / usb-c cable ?
I know that the G5 has BT and I could use the Iphone in BT mode with the G5 but it's not the best way for SQ.
Thanks by advance for your help and answers...

I'm using mine w/ an iPhone 14 Pro with a FiiO lightning to usb c cable. Works great, most of the time. On occasion I have found that they won't recognize each other and I need to reboot the iPhone to get it to work.

Oct 20, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #43 of 351
I'd think it would come down to desired use case among other things. For purely portable use, there probably wouldn't be much reason to go with the Q7. I don't think it produces significantly more power in battery mode and it's larger and more than 2X the price. But Q7 it's the more versatile device and it doubles it's output in desktop mode. One might have a preference for the higher end ESS chips in the Q7 over those in the Topping. Or maybe one prefers the SQ of the Q7 or has an affinity for the THX amplification.
I'm not going to judge either one seeing how I haven't heard either. I just put the Q7 out there as an option to consider. There is also iFi that may be worth a look.

Buying blind ... for purely portable use, I would personally but the Topping. If I wanted to be able to have something to use as a desktop unit as well, I'd probably buy the Q7 for the additional output power.

Oct 21, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #44 of 351
I'd think it would come down to desired use case among other things. For purely portable use, there probably wouldn't be much reason to go with the Q7. I don't think it produces significantly more power in battery mode and it's larger and more than 2X the price. But Q7 it's the more versatile device and it doubles it's output in desktop mode. One might have a preference for the higher end ESS chips in the Q7 over those in the Topping. Or maybe one prefers the SQ of the Q7 or has an affinity for the THX amplification.
I'm not going to judge either one seeing how I haven't heard either. I just put the Q7 out there as an option to consider. There is also iFi that may be worth a look.

Buying blind ... for purely portable use, I would personally but the Topping. If I wanted to be able to have something to use as a desktop unit as well, I'd probably buy the Q7 for the additional output power.
Does the q7 have more output power?

Like most companies, I don't think fiio lists clean output power per channel. I think they list it as "up to" 1.5. That usually means both channels combined then subtract a little at best you might get that power with other companies.

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #45 of 351

I would be using the amp mostly around the house with dt770s and hd660s. Occasionally with ie300's out when travelling. I've a separate desktop setup (topping a90/d90) so no need there.

I have read somewhere that the g5 is a little underpowered. Can anyone advise how it would be with the dt1770's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back