TOPPING DX7 Pro+ DAC/Amp: Launching on Apos on August 23, 2022
Aug 25, 2022 at 3:57 AM Post #32 of 41
I wonder how many units have sold? Are you guys providing updates on your page, thinking about picking one up, I loved my dx7 pro but that thing decided it did not want to live, twice.

Aug 28, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #33 of 41
Looking at the specs same story as DX5, the XLR / 4.4 / 2.5 mm outputs are unbalanced as they have same wattage as single ended, so only provided for compatibility reasons, bit disappointed as I was expecting true balanced, I guess the only decent option currently is Hifiman EF400 but I wanted something bit more compact.
I was just about to ask if there is a mistake in the specification sheet on the amp output power for SE and XLR since we are told that it is a fully balanced device. The DAC power output does differ for XLR but not the amp section.

Aug 29, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #34 of 41
Update: August 22, 8:35am PT:

Hi everyone,

We want to provide a quick update on the TOPPING DX7 Pro+ launch. The DX7 Pro+ will launch today at 7PM PT and to celebrate the launch of the TOPPING DX7 Pro+, we’re giving away free headphones to the first hundred purchasers!

Here’s how it works. The faster we sell 100 units of the DX7 Pro+, the more headphones we give away.
The winners will be picked among the first 100 purchasers at random and announced after the 45-day return period window for the DX7 Pro+ has closed. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hi all!

We at Apos Audio have worked incredibly hard to bring the DX7 Pro back–and better than before. The DX7 Pro used to occupy a sweet spot in the TOPPING line-up: a top of the line DAC with a powerful amp in a single unit at a stellar price point. We've collaborated with TOPPING to fill the void left by TOPPING DX7 Pro and developed the TOPPING DX7 Pro+ with them. The DX7 Pro+ will have DAC performance that will approach TOPPING flagship DACs with a complementary powerful amp in a single unit.

We are providing a quick teaser on specs below and we'll list more detailed specs later. Also, we'll be announcing the price for the DX7 Pro+ in the coming weeks. The DX7 Pro+ will launch on Apos on August 23rd and we'll be the exclusive retailer of the DX7 Pro+ in the US and Canada.

What's under the hood?
  • ES9038PRO DAC chip
  • Approaching D90SE performance
  • Using TOPPING's self-developed IV module, superior performance
  • Brand new chassis that is based on the DX5’s award-winning design
  • NFCA headphone amplifier module
  • Six inputs: USB, Bluetooth, Optical, Coaxial, AES, IIS
  • 12V Trigger interface

Below are some pictures of this killer DAC/Amp combo and you can also follow updates on our product page here: apos.audio/products/topping-dx7-pro-plus-dac-amp

Images courtesy of Sandu Vitalie, SoundNews
Do you sell to UK Customers and if so what is the length of the Power cable?

Aug 29, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #36 of 41
Anyone think this outperforms chord mojo 2 to drive full sized headphones?

I ask because it is £200 more expensive then Chord Mojo 2
The specs say it should, but how it will sound is up to personal interpretation. Also mine arrives today, I can let you know what the length of the power cord is.

Aug 29, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #37 of 41
Do you sell to UK Customers and if so what is the length of the Power cable?
Power Cable is 4.5ft, although if you are purchasing in the UK I’m assuming you’d need to purchase a new cable.

Aug 30, 2022 at 4:11 AM Post #38 of 41
Wow, first impressions of this as a stand-alone unit; it’s amazing! Honestly really like how my Auteurs sing with the 7Pro+. The Jot2 and Bifrost2 combo made things too warm. I loved my dx7 pro, but having it die and dealing with International shipping twice in a year was a major hassle. I really hope that that these new units don’t run into those same issues but only time will tell.

Aug 30, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #40 of 41
Last edited:
Apos Audio Free Shipping, Lowest Price Guarantee, Apos 2nd Year Warranty and 45-Day Return Policy on all carried products. Check out Apos Ensembles, Apos Specials, and Apos Certified products. Stay updated on Apos Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/aposaudio https://www.instagram.com/aposaudio/ https://apos.audio/ contact@apos.audio
Aug 31, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #41 of 41

Users who are viewing this thread

Back