Topping D3 (JUNE 2013 RELEASE) (DAC + Headphone Amp)
Oct 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #18 of 55
I am actually deciding between the Aune T1 or the Topping for my first DAC. A play FLAC music via MacBook Pro. I wanna plug my headphones in the DAC/AMP but mostly play the music via my NAD 536BEE amp and speakers. In what way is the D3 better? I see it has optical in, other than that, i have no clue, only what i see in the reviews. I was actually charmed by the tube in the Aune. Thanks for you comments!

Jan 4, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #19 of 55
  Just got mine, I can safely says that it's leap and bound better than Aune T1, in resolution and dynamic. Of course you don't get that tube sound with this but it can be fixed with tube buffer or amp, as a whole package I like D3 far better for the price (and it suits my music preference).

Oh forgot that my impression is with a custom made linear regulated PSU, the PSU that come with the unit is pretty crappy. 
wink.gif

How is it compare to AudioEngine D1? That's the only DAC / headphone amp I've tried so far that I can use as reference.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #21 of 55
  Guys are you still satisfied with your D3s or is there something to consider?
I'm weighing between D3 and this (because of the lower price), what do you think?

I have been following this thread for a while as I am very interested in this Amp/Dac. Based on the parts quality only I would purchase this Topping D3 over your other choice hands down. It looks quite cheap. From all the comments here and elsewhere I have not encountered any negative remarks on the D3. Purchase with confidence.

Mar 13, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #24 of 55
  I can't compare it to the audio-gd but I use my D3 daily and so far it has served me well. No desire to upgrade at this time.

First hand recommendation. In the field as it where.
Buy the D3, better built and designed.

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #25 of 55
Quick question regarding this dac/headphone amp: I want to connect my stereo amp to it and my headphone. If I plug in my headphones, will it play sound both via the RCA out and the headphone out? (which is what I want.) I assume the volume knob is for the headphone sound only?

Mar 20, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #27 of 55
Here's a mirror for D3 Asio driver posted on topping official forum -removed-

Note that my firewall warn me that it tried to connect to the internet when you start the installation file but it doesn't do that anymore after you've installed it. Dunno what it was going to do.

edit: link removed since it's BSOD-ing my 7 x64 installation.

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #30 of 55
Yes, and do invest on better power supply too. 

could you send a link to an American power supply that would be suitable for my d2. I would like to try that out before selling my d2 in order to buy a d3.

I currently have a pair of shure se 215 hooked up to my d2, the more i think about it the more i become impressed with the overall pairing of my q701 and Fiio E17.
Could a better power supply totally change my opinion on the pairing between the q701 and d2, as to make it a overall better paring  than the e17 and q701?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back