Topping A90D, and questions about balanced vs unbalanced signals
Aug 17, 2022 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

GridIroN

100+ Head-Fier
Ok guys, quick question looking for hopefully a quick answer.

I recently have decided to try to standardize my cables because it'll just be way easier to buy cables, and I've been considering replacing my main desktop amp anyways. However, my issue is my DAC is the Modi 3 which is single-ended only via RCA.

Replacing both the DAC and AMP is more than I'd prefer to pay right now, so my question is: if I connect the SE input to something like a Topping A90 or A90D, will the 4.4mm balanced output produce a sound, or will I have to use the 6.3mm SE for as long as I have the Modi?

Im aware the signal will not be balanced obviously. I'm also aware it's possible to get RCA to XLR cables so the balanced section will at least receive a signal, though it will not be totally balanced (as far as I'm aware and have researched).

Aug 17, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #2 of 5
As the Topping A90(D) gives you input options, I would make sense that you can use the un-balanced line-input, but get a balanced output signal (4.4mm jack).
Might be best to contact Topping support or read manual.

Aug 17, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #3 of 5
As the Topping A90(D) gives you input options, I would make sense that you can use the un-balanced line-input, but get a balanced output signal (4.4mm jack).
Might be best to contact Topping support or read manual.
Sorry, do you mean the TA90D should be able to take an unbalanced signal/data and output a balanced signal by itself?

Aug 17, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 5
Sorry, do you mean the TA90D should be able to take an unbalanced signal/data and output a balanced signal by itself?
Yep, it just make sense, but I'm not the expert, so best to contact Topping's customer service (tech support) or at least read the manual.

Aug 17, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #5 of 5
Yep, it just make sense, but I'm not the expert, so best to contact Topping's customer service (tech support) or at least read the manual.
Yea thanks. Maybe Ill see if I can get an answer from Topping. Thanks a lot for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back