Topping A90
Jul 9, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #378 of 1,442
How does it sounds unnatural ? the A90 is analytical and flat.

possibly like what other members are saying how the soundstage sounds compressed.
my previous amp for my lcd4's was the monoprice 887 which is thx. and that sounded great
bringing out my lcd4's reminds me what planar magnetic has to bring to the table, but maybe i'm expecting too much because of my other setup.

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #379 of 1,442
possibly like what other members are saying how the soundstage sounds compressed.
my previous amp for my lcd4's was the monoprice 887 which is thx. and that sounded great
bringing out my lcd4's reminds me what planar magnetic has to bring to the table, but maybe i'm expecting too much because of my other setup.
Then if you have the 887, why bother going for A90 ? The difference is just better power and measurements. Maybe, is the headphone fault with the A90 ? What other headphone you tested on the A90 ?
Some people go as far as saying its a warmer sound in comparison to the THX, in which they are not suppose to be. Quite odd, and am unsure now.

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #383 of 1,442
Hmmmm odd mine sounds nothing like that :D
i'm a
Then if you have the 887, why bother going for A90 ? The difference is just better power and measurements. Maybe, is the headphone fault with the A90 ? What other headphone you tested on the A90 ?
Some people go as far as saying its a warmer sound in comparison to the THX, in which they are not suppose to be. Quite odd, and am unsure now.
the A90 looks better on top of the D90.. i only have a fazor lcd2 , and i doubt that will sound any different then my lcd4. my other headphones are not worth mentioning.

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #389 of 1,442
How come ???? How does it sounds like ?
By the way, there are so many horrible expensive amps and dacs, dont know why.
Sennheiser was just powerful but I can’t say any other good worlds about, in the beginning I thought it was my ears problem and I need some time to get use to, but in a week I compared with Audeze deckard and realized how terrible sennheiser sound, maybe because hdvd 80 just old model, but anyway even today some stores have price like 2 thousand on it

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #390 of 1,442
Sennheiser was just powerful but I can’t say any other good worlds about, in the beginning I thought it was my ears problem and I need some time to get use to, but in a week I compared with Audeze deckard and realized how terrible sennheiser sound, maybe because hdvd 80 just old model, but anyway even today some stores have price like 2 thousand on it
How does the hdvd 80 sound in your opinion ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back