Top of the line full size bluetooth headphones with ANC and best call quality
Apr 4, 2024 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Mr Glass

New Head-Fier
I own Bose Ultra Headphones, Bose 700, QC45s, others, and people regularly complain that my audio cuts out or is difficult to hear during calls.

I have changed the Mic Mode on my iPhone 15 from Voice Isolation to Standard and the problem persists.

On my QC35 v2 and AirPods Pro v2, people can hear me fine.

With no limit to my budget, I'm seeking circumaural bluetooth headphones that are comfortable, have the best possible ANC, and really clear microphone quality during phone calls.

I've previously tried and returned, V-Modas, a Sony top tier model a few years back, and the Jabra Evolve2 85 (had high hopes for this one upon release) as I found them uncomfortable.

I can try the AirPods Max, but have heard they're heavy and am hoping a v2 will launch sometime in the future, but don't want to wait for that.

Any advice? If I have to pay $1000+ for somethign in this category that does all I'm looking for, I will.

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 8
The Jabra Elite 10 have the best call quality I have tried from all TWS, and decent ANC too with a good anti-wind mode. It was raining and windy yesterday and I was walking on busy streets, talking to my sister and she had no idea there was all this commotion around me. They just keep impressing me.

IF it's in an office scenario, for my sales job we prospect most days of the week, all of us prefer the Jabra Evolve 75, not the 85. Absolutely great for phone calls, but not music though. But if it's pure phone calls, that's our jam. That's how we do business.

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #3 of 8
The Jabra Elite 10 have the best call quality I have tried from all TWS, and decent ANC too with a good anti-wind mode. It was raining and windy yesterday and I was walking on busy streets, talking to my sister and she had no idea there was all this commotion around me. They just keep impressing me.

IF it's in an office scenario, for my sales job we prospect most days of the week, all of us prefer the Jabra Evolve 75, not the 85. Absolutely great for phone calls, but not music though. But if it's pure phone calls, that's our jam. That's how we do business.

Thanks for your reply. I am seeking circumaural (I think that's the correct term? - around the ear, not the kind that presses on your ears).

I own the Jabra Evolve 75 and it has the best microphone quality I've ever used. I even put a lapel mic windscreen on the end of the boom and can walk around at the beach with it in high wind and people can hear me fine. The problem is that my ears get uncomfortable quickly from the "press on ear" style.

So I got help from a buddy of mine to 3D print an adapter to attach Bose QC35 ear cups to the Evolve 75. That mod technically worked, but made them more clunky to wear. That was around the time Apple introduced Voice Isolation Mic Mode on the iPhone which has been a game changer for my QC35s that I find more comfortable.

Now, I'm seeking one premium (QC35s don't have the ANC effectiveness nor sound quality of the QC Ultra Headphones for example) full size headset I can travel with (in addition to my AirPods Pro v2 for occasional use/backup) that has great ANC and call quality. I was really hoping the Evolve 85 would fit that bill when I tried it back in 2021, but it was nowhere near the user experience of the Evolve 75.

Maybe something from a brand like Sure or Seinheisser? I haven't really looked at them lately, but they were my go-to for pro audio items back in the day.

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for your reply. I am seeking circumaural (I think that's the correct term? - around the ear, not the kind that presses on your ears).

I own the Jabra Evolve 75 and it has the best microphone quality I've ever used. I even put a lapel mic windscreen on the end of the boom and can walk around at the beach with it in high wind and people can hear me fine. The problem is that my ears get uncomfortable quickly from the "press on ear" style.

So I got help from a buddy of mine to 3D print an adapter to attach Bose QC35 ear cups to the Evolve 75. That mod technically worked, but made them more clunky to wear. That was around the time Apple introduced Voice Isolation Mic Mode on the iPhone which has been a game changer for my QC35s that I find more comfortable.

Now, I'm seeking one premium (QC35s don't have the ANC effectiveness nor sound quality of the QC Ultra Headphones for example) full size headset I can travel with (in addition to my AirPods Pro v2 for occasional use/backup) that has great ANC and call quality. I was really hoping the Evolve 85 would fit that bill when I tried it back in 2021, but it was nowhere near the user experience of the Evolve 75.

Maybe something from a brand like Sure or Seinheisser? I haven't really looked at them lately, but they were my go-to for pro audio items back in the day.
oh so you want over ears not on ears. I thought when you mentioned the airpods you were open to TWS IEM's as well.

Most headsets with a great mic which are wireless will definitely be on ear vs over ear. They are designed for office workers. There are a couple brands that cater to truckers, maybe check that out?

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 8
Most headsets with a great mic which are wireless will definitely be on ear vs over ear. They are designed for office workers. There are a couple brands that cater to truckers, maybe check that out?

Yeah, I’ve found the same. BlueParrott has good mic quality, but only in on-ear varieties despite what their marketing photos appear to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back