Top Gear
Mar 27, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #3 of 15
Well being from the UK i can say what a complete joke, Jeremy is gone the rest will go, so no more Top Gear, the BBC is a monumental rip off that unless ran by a government would be an illegal practice and one of the only things it had going for it is no more. I look forward to paying my £158 TV licence to watch not one of the shows they make.

Mar 27, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #4 of 15
Well being from the UK i can say what a complete joke, Jeremy is gone the rest will go, so no more Top Gear, the BBC is a monumental rip off that unless ran by a government would be an illegal practice and one of the only things it had going for it is no more. I look forward to paying my £158 TV licence to watch not one of the shows they make.

Something to think about:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/top-gear/11494051/The-BBC-will-rue-the-day-it-lost-Jeremy-Clarkson.html

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #5 of 15
I've been a long time fan of the show. All good things must come to an end I suppose, it's just a shame it came to an end prematurely thanks to that ignorant but very entertaining oaf Clarkson. You just can't go around punching people, not even if you're Clarkson. Why didn't the producer just chin him back and that way they could have chalked it down to a mano a mano fair and square gentleman's disagreement, and moved on.
One of the only things worth watching on the BBC was Top Gear, good fun, immature, silly, but that's why it was so good. Clarkson, May, and Hammond were the presenting equivalent of a great band from the 70's... wonderful chemistry, sometimes mildly embarrassing, but a great dynamic triumvirate.
RIP Top Gear. Even if they try to keep the show going, it simply won't be the same, it'll be worse than Queen and Adam Lambert. May and Hammond just couldn't continue without their ape-like front man. Surely something can be done, a sit down, profuse apologies, lessons learned etc.
Clarkson you great blithering IDIOT!  I loved Top Gear!

Mar 31, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #6 of 15
It's been renamed Reverse Gear....
basshead.gif

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #9 of 15

The TV is generally rubbish these days but BBC4, Radio 2 and 6 make it good value for me.
And compared to Sky/Virgin, Freeview and BBC are a bargain.

Jul 9, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #11 of 15
In a small way I'm glad it's gone. The show was scripted to buggery and it showed down to them waiting for each other to say lines. Clarkson did everyone a favour.

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #12 of 15
Huge Top Gear fan here.

Sadly they replaced Clarkson with Chris Evans - you may remember him as the guy who gave his Ferrari 250gt California to James May for a drive. They're now on the lookout for 2 others to replace Hamster and May. Top Gear will never be the same again. Yes, the show was scripted, but it was really good fun. There's really no car show that does car reviews the entertaining way Top Gear did. 

And then there's the biggest disappointment of them all: 

We'll never know if Jeremy would have changed his name to Jennifer or not. 

As in, we'll never know if the 918 was faster around the test track than the P1.. 
frown.gif

Jul 11, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #13 of 15
  Huge Top Gear fan here.

Sadly they replaced Clarkson with Chris Evans - you may remember him as the guy who gave his Ferrari 250gt California to James May for a drive. They're now on the lookout for 2 others to replace Hamster and May. Top Gear will never be the same again. Yes, the show was scripted, but it was really good fun. There's really no car show that does car reviews the entertaining way Top Gear did. 

And then there's the biggest disappointment of them all: 

We'll never know if Jeremy would have changed his name to Jennifer or not. 

As in, we'll never know if the 918 was faster around the test track than the P1.. 
frown.gif

It was faster round Laguna Seca, so he probably would have been Jennifer Clarkson by now... Incidentally, is that really what Evans is best known for outside the UK - appearing on a previous episode of Top Gear? Might put a big dent in BBC Worldwide's revenue if that is the case.

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #14 of 15

It was faster round Laguna Seca, so he probably would have been Jennifer Clarkson by now... Incidentally, is that really what Evans is best known for outside the UK - appearing on a previous episode of Top Gear? Might put a big dent in BBC Worldwide's revenue if that is the case.

If you ask anyone about Chris Evans, anywhere, they'll think he's that guy from Captain America.. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back