Top 5 Hip Hop Artist of all Time
Mar 25, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #196 of 233

Quote:
New Del album coming out in April! Golden Era

Cant wait. BTW you stole my avatar from ocn!

Quote:
If you guys haven't already , check out Raekwon's latest album Shaolin vs Wu-Tang. 

I got the album today and man this crap is RAW with abit of modernism in there to spice things up.

Personally i like the track "Snake Pond" but all tracks are ill just like the chef himself//

Good album. I liked Ghostface's Apollo Kids album too. Check it out if you havent.

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #197 of 233

Quote:
Cant wait. BTW you stole my avatar from ocn!

Good album. I liked Ghostface's Apollo Kids album too. Check it out if you havent.

Sorry! XD. I just took the hiero symbol and made it transparent in photoshop. I dig transparent avatars, lol. 

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #201 of 233
Music: Thom Yorke Recording With Rapper MF Doom
By Matthew Perpetua
March 17, 2011
file.jpg

Photo Credit: Andy Sheppard/Redferns

Doom, who has gone by the names King Geedorah and Viktor Vaughn in the past, is no stranger to album-length collaborations. In 2005 he teamed up with Danger Mouse for The Mouse and the Mask, a record credited to Danger Doom. He is also half of the duo Madvillain with DJ and producer Madlib. A second Madvillain album is expected later this year.

Contest: Choose the Cover of Rolling Stone

Yorke has been very busy recently. In addition to releasing a new album with Radiohead and DJing in Los Angeles, the singer also worked with electronic producers Burial and Four Tet on a new limited-edition 12-inch single that has already sold out its first print run.

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:32 AM Post #202 of 233
When I first read this http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/international/27790/Thom-Yorke-DOOM-making-a-whole-record-together-probably article I freaked out whilst reading MF DOOM and Burial in the same sentence. Turned out that Burial was only used to show the importance of Thom Yorke. A big bummer, because I really don't like Thom Yorke.

Mar 29, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #203 of 233

Quote:
Check this out dub, I know you like MF Doom
http://m.rollingstone.com/?redirurl=/music/news/thom-yorke-recording-with-rapper-mf-doom-20110317

Wow. I'm a total idiot. The problem was I misread what you wrote. I read it as, "Check out this dub, I know you like MF DOOM," as in, check out this dubstep remix, or something related lol. So I was thinking there was a link to play the dub remix and I was like "Boo where is it!" Anyways, I'm guessing the part I was supposed to be interested in was the fact that there's another Madvillain collab coming out soon? This I absolutely can not wait for.

Mar 30, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #205 of 233
I don't want to judge on Yorke's music, but thom yorke himself is an utter idiot.

Just watch this video and you might understand my opinion. It's not cool, it's not refreshing, it's just stupid.

Apr 1, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #209 of 233
Very interesting lists, I only had time to read a few pages so far but wanted to get my list in before I forget. 

No particular order:

1.  Public Enemy
2.  Boogie Down Productions
3.  Jay-Z
4.  Eric B and Rakim
5.  Beastie Boys/Run DMC (co-share, both were so dominant during my high school years)

Top 5 for any music is such a hard thing to narrow down.
Great to see on other peoples' lists groups like Tribe Called Quest, Gangstarr, Roots, Jungle Brothers, Wu Tang, etc.
I'm going to have to break out the tapes this weekend.  Subscribed, keeping the memories alive. 

Oct 8, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #210 of 233
2 pacs albums are mastered great.  The best of any Rap I have heard.  The quality would appease any hard core audiophile.  The multi track voice overs are akin to Freddy Mercury of Queen.  He is repeating himself in the background talking about whats being rapped about, laughing.  It really transcends well to headphone listening.

Can anyone recommend some excellently recorded studio rap?   The Chronic remastered is also an example of a great recording

Users who are viewing this thread

Back