Tool - Vicarious
Apr 19, 2006 at 5:04 AM Post #121 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
Tell me about it. This is one of the major reasons why I dig TOOL so much.

EDIT: What did you guys think of Rosetta Stoned?

Like you said there are a few that seem to be trying for that #1 song on the album and Rosetta Stoned may be it IMO... I found the length and number of key and timing changes very fun and colorful for the ears! I don't know that I could call all bets off but it's up there!

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #122 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radea
I have heard the leak, and I think it's amazing.

Not the music, the prank they pulled over all of us. It's clearly Tool, it's obviously not Tool's masterpiece that we will see on May 2nd.

While it's 'speculation', they obviously wrote 2 albums and leaked this one.

At the same time, Kabir @ Toolshed is in on the joke too. Once this decoy leaked, he says that he forgot to post his review of 10,000 days, and that he put it up. Oh sure, right after the leak spreads and EVERYONES heard it, he decides to post the review that he convieniently forgot to put up earlier?

http://toolshed.down.net/news/

Brilliant, Tool. Fooled most of the internet!

Although it's pretty funny that Tool's decoy album still beats most of the other stuff released now adays.

huh?
two albums??
that either sounds like an absolutely ridiculous notion to me or im just not understanding your post. Probably both...
Are you implying they released an entire "fake" album just to trick everyone?
Its a little late for me, but thats what I think you said...

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #123 of 142
Fake or not I'm VERY excited to hear it! I highly doubt there are two albums but that would be even better
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #124 of 142
Tool is cleaver, but the only way this would be fake is if its composed of almost all B-sides from old albums. No way would they ever create a fake album just for a joke.

Apr 19, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #126 of 142
Rosetta Stoned is great! Listened to The Pot and Jambi as well. Going to hop in bed and listen to the rest on my ipod and KSC75s.

I normally don't buy CDs but this is an exception. I've waited a long time for something new from Tool and they deserve any and all of the money they get from it.

Apr 19, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #128 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radea
I have heard the leak, and I think it's amazing.

Not the music, the prank they pulled over all of us. It's clearly Tool, it's obviously not Tool's masterpiece that we will see on May 2nd.

Brilliant, Tool. Fooled most of the internet!

Although it's pretty funny that Tool's decoy album still beats most of the other stuff released now adays.

You are joking, right? And if you aren't, please don't tell me it's because the album is titled 10,000 days instead of some word that isn't even on the dictionary and because Vicarious (or the whole album for that matter) doesn't sound like what you expected.

Apr 19, 2006 at 9:14 AM Post #130 of 142
That's strange, I've never liked a Tool album right after listening to it for the first time.

I think there are many catchy melodies but at the same time the beast seems very complex to me, which is why I will give a lot of time to grow.

I think it's too early to write down any further impressions. In the end we will be happy, I'm sure.

Apr 19, 2006 at 11:05 AM Post #132 of 142
when a band like tool who appreciate thier fanbase and write damned good music write an album, i wait for the release day paitently and BUY THE ALBUM before listening to it. im serous with this one, tool are up there with pink floyd and king crimson. would you download dark side of the moon? i cant wait to get it home, put it on, and flick through the album art, which, being tool, will be awesome.....

Apr 19, 2006 at 12:02 PM Post #133 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Floodedstatue
I don't get this obsession with having to hear this at the first available opportunity.
confused.gif

I've waited 5 years for the album, so I can wait another 2 weeks for it to be released officially.

I told myself I wasn't going to download the leak. I told myself I would respect Tool's wishes and lineup on May 2nd. Then I saw these threads pop-up, read all the glowing reviews. Then I found out they're playing the hummingbird centre on May 16th.

So here's my excuse: The longer I have the album, the more acquainted I can become with it, and the more I will enjoy the concert.

and I'll buy the album when it comes out, of course.

You have my respect, though.. it takes a lot of willpower to NOT click a certain link when you know you really want it.
orphsmile.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 2:01 PM Post #134 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Floodedstatue
I don't get this obsession with having to hear this at the first available opportunity.
confused.gif

I've waited 5 years for the album, so I can wait another 2 weeks for it to be released officially.

I don;t get this obsession with waiting. It will be the same album in two weeks. Listening to a purchased copy is only more 'special' if you trick yourself into believing that. (lets leave the mp3 vs. lossless arguments out of this for now.)

Who cares if Tool worked hard on this album for five years? How does not listening to it in anyway change that? How does it in anyway change if we will buy the album or not?

Waiting for release dates is just an attempt to trick yourself into 'appreciating' the music more. Do you appreciate the album less if you buy it a month after it comes out? Of course not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back