Tool - Vicarious
Apr 18, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #76 of 142
I'm still getting used to how Maynard's vocals take a back seat to Adams guitar in parts, but I seem to be liking it so far. It's more aggressive sounding, which I like. However, he does sound damn good at the end...

Apr 18, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #77 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
I still think the song sounds a bit radio-friendly to me; its louder, more processed and exhibits more compression than previous Tool albums, just compare it to the The Grudge. I'm hoping its just a radio edit because it would be a great shame if Tool jumped on the hot cd mixing bandwagon.

Yeah, I'm kinda feeling this way, too. I'm not thinking radio friendly in musicality, but in mixing.

I'm liking the song, but those recessed vocals are killin' me.

Apr 18, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #78 of 142
Just an FYI, but I'm pretty sure Tool did the recessed vocals on purpose.

Apr 18, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #79 of 142
all of my other qualms about this song aside, the last 10 seconds are friggin insane. I love it.

Apr 18, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #81 of 142
Love the song.

Only problem I have with it is the intro riff reminds me of the riff from the intro of Blackest Eye's by Porqupine Tree.

For clarification the part im talking about is 21 seconds into Blackest eyes and 45 seconds into Vicarious. Mabey im crazy but they sound VERY similar.

Apr 18, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #82 of 142
And it also sounds extremely similair to The Patient and The Grudge..... from Tool. It sounds like a lot of things, but its own beast at the same time.

Apr 18, 2006 at 1:12 PM Post #86 of 142
I hope this hasn't been posted yet. Found these pics of the Vicarious promo edition on a German forum:

VICARIOUS1.jpg

vicarious3.jpg

VICARIOUS2.jpg

VICARIOUS4.jpg

Apr 18, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #87 of 142
I don't know what the complaints are about, I think this song is rockin the house. I agree that it has less of a dark undertone than Lateralus but some of that feel is still there and IMO is mixed with a bit of all the previous albums. This is only the first song so who knows if the rest of the albums will have a similar feel but I'm diggin
eggosmile.gif

Apr 18, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #88 of 142
Just got an email from Amazon confirming the release date and the name of the album.
I guess its the real deal...

Apr 18, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #90 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by fearless
I found out yesterday that I can get tickets this Saturday for a Tool show that I'll be seeing in less than a month! Sweet!
biggrin.gif

Howd you find out about a US show?
Could you tell me where you found the info?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back