Too good to be true? Sennheiser IE7 for £36.44
Oct 25, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #16 of 102

Quote:
The Clip+ would be better than the Galaxy S I'm sure. Its decently cheap as well. When I say farty I mean the bass can be a bit loose. Kinda like comparing bass to a dry or wet fart and the IE7 can get a bit wet lol.

I erm... see. 
blink.gif

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #17 of 102

Quote:
The Clip+ would be better than the Galaxy S I'm sure. Its decently cheap as well. When I say farty I mean the bass can be a bit loose. Kinda like comparing bass to a dry or wet fart and the IE7 can get a bit wet lol.

Doubt it. Galaxy S has a great DAC/AMP. 100db SNR for a phone anyone? A clip + would probably be a DOWNGRADE :p

Oct 27, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #18 of 102

Quote:

Doubt it. Galaxy S has a great DAC/AMP. 100db SNR for a phone anyone? A clip + would probably be a DOWNGRADE :p

I have the S II, which has a vastly inferior Yamaha DAC. I wish I had a spare Galaxy S just for my music!

By the way the headphones arrived today. As far as I can tell from a visual perspective, they're genuine. The jack and splitter are both translucent grey plastic, and compared to a few pictures I found, they look identical:

The red wire can be found in the same place on mine.

The logo looks identical to this, as well as the bit at the top right where it has two slits and an indent in the middle.

Sound quality wise, I haven't listened to them much but they seem to sound as they should.

I just have one question concerning the physical appearance of the headphones: where it has the (L), should it have an indent closer to the wire and a protrusion closer to the speaker? Should it be missing this protrusion next to the (R)?

Thanks for the help guys!

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #19 of 102

Quote:

You mean S2, not the S1 :wink:

IE7
I wouldn't mind buying some for that price - just for the sake of trying - shame I'm no longer in england...Or else I would have jumped on it with you :p

EDIT:
Just saw there is another page :p!
Wow genuine 0.0?

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #20 of 102

Quote:
You mean S2, not the S1 :wink:

IE7
I wouldn't mind buying some for that price - just for the sake of trying - shame I'm no longer in england...Or else I would have jumped on it with you :p

EDIT:
Just saw there is another page :p!
Wow genuine 0.0?

I think they're still selling returns of this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/513683/sennheiser-ie7/15 where they were selling them new for £80 :D

Seeing as I can live without a hoard of accessories, I think I got a good deal!

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #21 of 102

Quote:
I think they're still selling returns of this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/513683/sennheiser-ie7/15 where they were selling them new for £80 :D

Seeing as I can live without a hoard of accessories, I think I got a good deal!

I'm contemplating it now...lol
Its a more of a eh why not sort of purchase haha!

I will prefer my TFTA's over the IE7's, i did so over the IE8's....but it's jsut the fact they are SO CHEAP haha
I'm such a woman inside...(shopaholic) 

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #22 of 102
Btw, what did you get in your package?
Missing stuff or?

I sent them a PM - as its only UK, which I could ask my parents to post it out to me from UK to france, but asked if I paid extra postage would they consider directly sending it to me in france

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #23 of 102

Quote:
Missing stuff or?

I sent them a PM - as its only UK, which I could ask my parents to post it out to me from UK to france, but asked if I paid extra postage would they consider directly sending it to me in france

It came packaged exactly like this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/513683/sennheiser-ie7/15#post_6957586

Oct 27, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #24 of 102

Quote:
Missing stuff or?

Oh, and I just came across this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/375547/sennheiser-ie8-appreciation-thread/6585#post_6960012

That explains the lack of accessories, and it's an email straight from Sennheiser themselves it seems.

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #28 of 102

Quote:
Ok thanks mate - last question, how they sounding for you :wink:?

I don't have much experience with headphones (these are only my second pair of decent ones) but compared to my SW-Xcapes (it's said that these sound very similar to the RE0s, only with a little more bass) they're a lot more full sounding and less flat. As a result I'm enjoying them more so far.

I should say that for ~£35, I don't think it would have been possible to get anything better!

Oct 27, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #29 of 102
Ok dude, I'll order it for the hell of it :p

Thanks for your replies!!!

Email from them:

Hi,

We received a large batch due to a shipment going out without accessories. They are genuine.

We can only ship to a UK address, sorry this is company policy and we have no method of taking extra payment for additional shipping at the moment.

We have sold over a 150 of various types.

We are very cautious with fraudulent items and our sources our fixed and genuine.

Hope this helps

Regards

FRD

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #30 of 102
awesome find, thanks mate i've just ordered some! So, they only come with one pair of tips. Do you guys think it would be worth ordering the tips linked below on ebay? Or are there better tips I could buy!? These are quite a bargain, will be my first high end head phones! I just bought the sennheiser mm30i from HMV today,so glad I haven't opened them yet I'm going to return them tomorrow now : ) ... sadly i think they only give credit notes in return, oh well! Again thanks for the tip off on these! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-Sennheiser-CX-Ear-Bud-Head-Phones-Gel-Tip-S-M-L-/320730755886?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_InternetTelephonyHeadsets&hash=item4aad0af32e#ht_500wt_1144

Users who are viewing this thread

Back